5 Axis Machine with 2 Tables

More
19 Aug 2016 18:18 #79088 by CanadianNC
I guess technically the machine is a 6 axis machine (XYZBCU) with U and X being the two tables. My first thought with this machine was just write the code for one table and then find and replace X and U to switch between the two tables but there must be a better way to do that.

Can anyone suggest a good way to have a job sent to table 1 OR table 2 and potentially a third config that would run both tables together for really big jobs? I was looking at multiplexers today and from my lack of knowledge that seemed like a great way to determine where the commands are sent based on the position of a physical (or virtual) switch. I'm pretty new to all of this so there might be a fundamental flaw with that way of thinking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2016 20:37 #79099 by Todd Zuercher
This is a very similar problem I have been facing with some Machines we have with parallel Z axis. Two spindles one mounted to a W and Z axis. The best solution I've been able to make so far is a some what complicated hal file mess involving some, sum2s, and2s, mux2s, offsets, and a few custom M-codes, and or subs that can be used to switch or slave different joints and axis together. The config I am running now only is set up for slaving joint 8 to the Z axis, but it would only be a small modification and adding another M-code or 2 to add the ability to swap axis.

I will be the first to agree that my solution is a kludge at best, but I don't have the programing skills to write a complicated kinematics program to do the same thing, and so far it is the best I can come up with.
forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/38-general-linu...e-questions?start=20
The following user(s) said Thank You: CanadianNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds