Joints_Axis help

More
29 Aug 2016 17:00 #79673 by oddwick
Replied by oddwick on topic Joints_Axis help
my soft limits are short of the hard limits, but when i jog to the end of my cut area, it pops a warning and shuts down. on the y though, right now for testing my soft limits and home are set same because i am still making adjustments, but when it goes online i give about 0.25" clearance between home and 0, but sometimes after homing i forget my orientation and jog y up. before, the machine would just stop, but now i get errors and it powers down

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2016 17:02 #79674 by oddwick
i am running 2.7.6 by way of package manager. i believe that should be master branch?

More
29 Aug 2016 17:07 #79675 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Joints_Axis help

i just went and took a look at the ini you linked to and it is totally different from the one included in the gantry sample!

It _is_ the gantry sample.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master/configs/sim/axis

You need gantry.ini and the files that it references.

More
29 Aug 2016 19:04 #79683 by mozmck
Replied by mozmck on topic Joints_Axis help
No, 2.7.6 is not the master branch. You should be able to get master branch packages from the buildbot repository: buildbot.linuxcnc.org/

More
30 Aug 2016 15:33 #79724 by oddwick
thank you one and all for the help!! all of your contributions got me on the right track and now i have 1.5m of badassitude that cuts perfectly square at the touch of a button!

all my issues are solved. no more errors on limits, z obeys max limits, and y tandem homes. it was a bit of a challenge to get the home all button to work because my z has no limit switches, (it only has 90mm travel and my workpiece is always 0, so i just manually probe home) but now it all runs smooth.

again thank you, especially andy for your patience

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds