JA homing and teleop

More
07 Sep 2016 17:22 #80140 by bkt
JA homing and teleop was created by bkt
In these machine on ubuntu 10.04 I've JA9 (is possible to upgrade to last JA in ubuntu 10.04??) and I test my TcpModbus comp (when is well tested I make it avaiable to all) ... in INI file I've POSITION_FILE ... so I'm able to start without homing ... and I've NO_FORCE_HOMING = 1, but I've the homing switch .... in some situation obtain these error:

all joints must be homed besfore going into coordinate mode

these is the complete sequence of command:

1- start remotely with halui.machine.on --- all ok
2- remotely send command halui.mode.manual + halui.mode.teleop --- all ok --- I can make some manual-cartesian space/teleop movement....
3- remotely send halui.mode.auto and go back to halui.mode.manual + halui.mode.teleop -- JA/axis gui switch to joint mode and show these error:
all joints must be homing before going into coordinated mode

there are some trik to make possible switch into teleop mode and ignore homing?? obviusly without disconnect homing switch signal because I would use it sometimes ...

regards
Giorgio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2016 12:28 #80218 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic JA homing and teleop
ok ... I try these....

ja9/src/emc/motion/command.c

row567...
+   /*
if (emcmotConfig->kinType != KINEMATICS_IDENTITY) {	
 		if (!checkAllHomed()) {
	             reportError
                           (_("all joints must be homed before going into teleop mode"));
 		    emcmotDebug->teleoperating = 0;
 		    break;
 		}
    }
+     */

row 591
+    /*
if (emcmotConfig->kinType != KINEMATICS_IDENTITY) {	
 		if (!checkAllHomed()) {
	             reportError(_("all joints must be homed before going into teleop mode"));
 		    emcmotDebug->teleoperating = 0;
 		    break;
 		}

}
+    */

I hope in good result .....

More
08 Sep 2016 13:06 - 08 Sep 2016 13:11 #80220 by bkt
ok it's work .... but the real and logical question is I can send halui.mode.auto without homing ??
......ok is a non safe operation I Know these ... but I have I nice absolute encoder and I try to do these with a scarakins.....
The respons to my question is: Actually No because if I try to do these obtain a very nice "joint following error "..... because (I think) in some other parts of motion or command file there is a FILTER TO not permit these ... I search around the code ...

VOLATILE_HOME = 0 not work in non trivial kins ...as reported by the manual and write in command.c file ...

regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 08 Sep 2016 13:11 by bkt.

More
08 Sep 2016 20:03 #80247 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic JA homing and teleop
If you can get up to Master then there is an INI file option to tell the system you have absolute encoders and homing should be immediate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
09 Sep 2016 10:15 - 09 Sep 2016 11:23 #80258 by bkt
Sorry ... I not see the option on
ini config html

and into

integrator man

and into

JA-update note

Obviusly I search in the wrong doc ... or do I have to go right away from my eye doctor ... I have to go anyway ... so it would not be a problem :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

other question ... I do not remember at all well is possible update JA9 on ubuntu10.04 on actual release of Dewey of JA whithout update to debian 8??..

Regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 09 Sep 2016 11:23 by bkt.

More
09 Sep 2016 12:42 - 09 Sep 2016 12:53 #80259 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic JA homing and teleop
As far as I know all current (and most ancient) releases of Linuxcnc will run on Ubuntu 10.04.

And the nice thing is that you can install master with precompiled binaries from buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ instead of having to compile it yourself like with the earlier experimental JA branches.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2016 12:53 by Todd Zuercher.

More
09 Sep 2016 13:09 #80260 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic JA homing and teleop

Sorry ... I not see the option on
ini config html

That's a link to 2.6 docs.

You need this one
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...t__lt_num_gt_section

More
09 Sep 2016 13:36 #80261 by bkt

And the nice thing is that you can install master with precompiled binaries from buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ instead of having to compile it yourself like with the earlier experimental JA branches.

... i remeber that I read onto somewhere that JA13 and upper run well on debian 7.x and debian 8 ... but not in ubuntu 10.04 ... so I ask to someone to have really test these before switch into new JA16 .....

Actually I have compile, after an normal intall of preemt on ubuntu 10.04, JA8 - JA9 - JA11 ... witouth problem (exept libmodbus library version for mb2hal comp...)...

@Todd Zuercher You have test these upgrade?? (onto ubuntu10.04 linuxcnc 2.7 to JA16??) ...

regards
Giorgio

More
09 Sep 2016 15:30 - 09 Sep 2016 15:32 #80263 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic JA homing and teleop
As far as I know there is no difference installing and running the precompiled versions of Linuxcnc on Ubuntu 10.04 and Debian Wheezy (7). Debian Jessie (8) only has precompiled versions for the Preempt-RT kernel due to problems with RTAI.

I believe the problems you have heard about are either compiling issues for installation (not a problem with the precompiled releases) or issues some have with latency when switching to the newer Linux kernels especially with older hardware. I have not seen any running difference in Linuxcnc when used on different Linux distros.

I am not currently running any machines with JA or Master as none of my current machine configs would benefit greatly from them, but I have done some testing with both on Ubuntu 10.04, Debian 7 & 8, and Linux Mint 17 & LMDE2. Compiling JA on Mint was a real pain. All of my machines are currently using either Ubuntu 10.04 or Wheezy, with Linuxcnc v2.7.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2016 15:32 by Todd Zuercher.

More
12 Sep 2016 10:10 #80354 by bkt
all my machine is under 10.04 ... I've 2pc with weezy and use it with sim trivial not ja ... only for test a new distro ... My proble with debian is on peripherical device not so nice as ubuntu .... (wifi -- bluethoot -- some particular driver per chineese touch or chineese converter ...) .... So I think my learning curve on the particularities of the distribution will still take some time .... so I think I will try to use ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 or starting from a preempt or a minimal ....
When will I feel safe with QT libraries of debian like ubuntu then I'll step ...

regards
Giorgio

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds