5 Axis Motion in W

More
07 Sep 2016 23:16 - 08 Sep 2016 00:48 #80192 by CanadianNC
I have a 5 axis machine that is now running using 5axiskins and it moves well in joints mode and in world mode. I can rotate the B axis and C axis and have the end of the spindle stay in one place while the other axis move around it. The catch is that I can only get exaclty 1" of motion out of the W axis. Any more than 1" and the W axis (Joint8) gets a following error. Always in the W axis (which isn't even a real axis so that one confuses me). If I keep forcing the move then it gets following errors in other axis as well.

Anyone know why that might be?
Last edit: 08 Sep 2016 00:48 by CanadianNC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2016 02:42 #80204 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic 5 Axis Motion in W
Need to see your config files for sure to make an exact diagnosis. But I suspect that you've neglected to give any feedback for the W axis. Options to correct are to add some kind of position feedback, or set the min and max following errors for the W so large that they never give an alarm.

More
08 Sep 2016 03:13 #80206 by CanadianNC
Replied by CanadianNC on topic 5 Axis Motion in W
You would be correct that I don't have any feedback for the W axis but I assumed that was ok since I also never set the following error for it... but apparently it defaults to 1 machine unit. Could I just steal some of the lines from the 5axis sim to fool it into feedback like they do for the vismach setup?

More
08 Sep 2016 11:28 #80217 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic 5 Axis Motion in W
You don't even have to go to that much trouble, just short circuit the feedback loop in hal by connecting the w position command directly to its feedback

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds