Locking indexer jog with MPG?

More
24 Sep 2016 11:57 #80848 by terkaa
I have a rotary axis that has hydraulic lock/unlock. When unlocked table rises up and can be rotated. When locked table goes down and it has mechanical lock by "teeth" gear pair. Positioning minimum step is 1 degree because teeth spacing. Now this axis is working with G00 commands like it should, but I was wondering if it is possible to add MPG jogging also? My idea is this:

1. When B-axis is selected from MPG axis selector switch and in manual mode. Table would rise up and unlock.
2. After unlock MPG can be used to rotate B-axis with 1 degree steps.
3. After moving axis selector to some other axis table would go down and lock.

This is not 100% mandatory feature but it would be good when doing setups.

Tero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2016 18:33 #80862 by BigJohnT
I don't see why you can't do that. Classicladder would be my choice to interface that lock and unlock and permission to jog based on a prox for up and one for down.

JT

More
25 Sep 2016 00:46 #80871 by andypugh
I guess that G0 works because you have set LOCKING_INDEXER in the INI file?
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-co...s__lt_num_gt_section

I am a little surprised that jogging doesn't operate the release output.

However, I can imagine an MPG and a locking indexer being a nasty combination. Especially if the indexer tries to unlock after each move.
Better might be to have the MPG feed a GUI element that shows a target position and a button to activate the move as a G0 command.

More
25 Sep 2016 07:29 - 25 Sep 2016 08:55 #80879 by terkaa
How,

About releasing when MPG-axis selector switch is on B-axis. Then you can jog with MPG. And after positioning you turn axis selector to some other axis than B and table is locked. And yes it is defined as a locking indexer. Using gui element with target pos and launching it with G0 would be same as issuing G00 B90 but a lot more complicated :)

Tero
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 08:55 by terkaa.

More
25 Sep 2016 12:04 #80899 by andypugh

How about releasing when MPG-axis selector switch is on B-axis.

Yes, that should work. Good idea.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds