integrating a go/pause switch into LinuxCNC (not an estop)

More
14 Nov 2016 19:22 #82806 by SenorAguas
just replaced auto with mdi, with no success. I think it didn't like calling for mdi mode when it was already in mdi mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2016 19:26 #82807 by andypugh

I'm 95% there! It's pausing when I want it to, and resuming, but it is getting an error when loading another pallet and starting the program again:

can't do that (EMC_TASK_PLAN_RUN:507 in manual mode

When you say "starting the program again" do you mean using the pallet-intertion switch or pressing a "run" button somewhere else?

Does the program actually refuse to run?

More
14 Nov 2016 19:42 - 14 Nov 2016 19:46 #82808 by SenorAguas
At the end of the program (pallet is still installed), I get the "cant do that in manual mode error". I have to press run again to get it to run. It does not refuse to run after I press run again. The only issue is that I get error notifications. I assume it is trying to restart the program, but it's in manual mode and can't.

Just to be clear: I'd like it to stop at the end of the program, then automatically run the program again after the pallet is removed and replaced with a new one. (the pallet switch goes open when the pallet is removed, then closed again when replaced).
Last edit: 14 Nov 2016 19:46 by SenorAguas.

More
14 Nov 2016 21:40 #82812 by andypugh
I think others have made similar things work. I vaguely recall that they needed to set the mode, wait a moment, and then run the program.

Try searching the forum for halui.mode.auto

More
15 Nov 2016 17:04 #82839 by SenorAguas
Thanks, I found this, but haven't been able to figure out how to put it in my HAL.

forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/24-hal-componen...se-stop?start=6#6632

More
15 Nov 2016 17:27 #82840 by SenorAguas
Thanks for your help Andy. I'm actually going to call it good without the re-start functionality. We're thinking that it will be more fool proof without it. I removed a line and now I get no error.

I am looking for a way to add a physical momentary switch to do nothing more than the same thing as pressing the R key on the keyboard. But that's probably outside this thread.

Thanks again!

More
15 Nov 2016 20:00 #82843 by BigJohnT

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds