Gentrivkins replaced by Trivkins in Master, any issues?

More
12 Dec 2016 21:06 #83982 by guymalpass
Hi,
I have been using the JA9 branch for a while now successfully but have recently moved to Master since joints_axes was merged. However I am now getting some strange movements which are triggering following errors.
Are there currently any known problems with trajectory planning in master?
Cheers,
Guy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2016 21:36 #83991 by Todd Zuercher
Not that I'm aware of. (but that doesn't mean that you could not have uncovered a bug.)
Give us a better description of your problems.

More
12 Dec 2016 21:38 #83992 by guymalpass
Here is a photo of my live tool plot, the problem occurs when it transitions from gcode line 34 to 35. As can be seen from the plot it doesn't attempt to go round the arc.

More
More
12 Dec 2016 21:50 #83996 by guymalpass
I have set ARC_BLEND_ENABLE to false and the program is now running fine so maybe there is a bug there somewhere? What information can I provide that may be useful in finding out what's going on here?

More
12 Dec 2016 22:48 #84004 by tommylight
You can also use G64 Pxxx where xxx is the tolerance you want from the actual line. That is a result of high speed and high acceleration, not a bug.

More
12 Dec 2016 22:50 #84005 by guymalpass
I do use a G64 term with P and Q tolerances. This error has begun since I moved to master from the JA9 branch

More
12 Dec 2016 22:56 #84006 by tommylight
I was just reading your reply on the other thread. I had the same problem when i moved from 2.5.4 to 2.7pre, but much worse, but using G64 worked like a charm. Disabling path blending also works, but i do not know if it affects anything else.
Do the same test with half the speed, see if it will follow the given line properly.

More
15 Dec 2016 21:53 #84228 by guymalpass
Hi Tommy, looks like you were spot on, I dropped my acceleration and now all is well. I am surprised considering how long I have been running it for without issue. Thanks for your help.

More
15 Dec 2016 22:32 #84229 by tommylight
You are welcomed, always.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds