Serial Peripheral Interface

More
19 Jan 2017 15:34 #86157 by andypugh
[quote="monkey_biz" post=86152RT-Kernel is what helps define real time intervals[/quote]
It is what ensures that certain bits of code are executed at well-defined intervals.

MachineKit is a program that just defines the HAL configurations to connect I/O's from linuxCNC?

No, Machinekit is a "fork" of LinuxCNC, it is a separate version of LinuxCNC that does all the same things, but in some ways slightly differently.

and if G-code isn't real time how does it manage to have real time movement?

The G-code program is interpreted into a motion queue, and the queue is passed to real-time.

Quite often the entire G-code file has been interpreted and queued (behind the scenes) before the tool even touches the work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2017 05:09 #86223 by monkey_biz
ok so the G-code file has only the binary information in it? and if so where is this file written to in linux? I will need to access it

More
20 Jan 2017 10:18 #86235 by andypugh

ok so the G-code file has only the binary information in it?

No, it's the text file that defines the tool path. (or actuator path for a robot).

If you are still at the point of not knowing what G-code is, it is perhaps a bit early to be concerned about SPI hardware drivers.

More
21 Jan 2017 01:43 #86330 by monkey_biz
Sorry yes, I understand the g-code. I misread and didn't see the part about the motion queue. My mistake.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds