Tool sensor with decelerate option on Mazak VQC retrofit

More
11 Apr 2017 20:26 #91207 by rirazvan
Hello,

I almost finish retrofitting my Mazak VQC15/40.
The machine has been manufactured in 1992 using Meldas 335 NC system and MR-S servos.

I did replace all electronics including servo motors and ballscrew encoders. The only think that is still on the machine is the spindle motor and spindle driver.

I did use Mitsubishi MR-J2S-B fully closed loop servos with YSSC2P SSCNET card .
In order to reach the necessary I/O for retrofitting I use a FX3u-80MT PLC with MODBUS RTU.
All the I/O that are handled trough MODBUS have a delay of around 60ms. Because of that all the high speed I/O were connected directly to the YSSC2P card.

The machine is functional except ATC carousel and the tool probe.

Mazak use a pneumatic tool probe arm witch contains a plunger with two inductive sensors.

After first sensor is tripped the Z axis should decelerate to a low sped before tripping the second sensor connected to motion probe sensor.

Until now I use Gmoccapy with tool sensor on another machine and woks fine .
For Mazak I would like to implement the automatic deceleration on Z axis instead of fixed setup position deceleration.

Can I do the next features without using ClassicLadder :

1. Extend & retract of the toll sensor arm , pneumatic valves are connected to the PLC output
3. Validation of the motion from point 1 using the pneumatic piston magnetic switches that are connected to the PLC input.
3. Z axis deceleration when first inductive sensor is tripped , connected to the PLC input

What is the best approach?

Razvan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2017 01:39 #91219 by cmorley
You can always avoid classicladder by stringing together HAL components or writing a custom component.
Why do you wish to avoid classicladder?

motion.adaptive-feed may be useful for the slowdown effect.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/core-c...html#sec:motion-pins

Chris M

More
13 Apr 2017 08:10 #91284 by rirazvan
Hello
For me is enough having one FX3u PLC on the machine. It was not easy to connect it using MODBUS RTU to Linuxcnc.
I do not know ladder logic programing at all.
I need a example of how to extend/retract the sensor arm. I have the I/O pins mapped in linuxcnc with Modbus from the PLC.
Razvan

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds