Is there a list or library of semi-standard commands?

More
04 May 2017 01:21 #92614 by Vitran
First time diving into Linux CNC for something more complex than a 3D printer, laser cutter, or a small gantry mill controlled with a parallel port. I know the stepconfig well and this is my first time into the 6i25/7i77+7i64 controlling servos.

I have a hardinge superslant from 1989. The machine worked at my old shop and was practically given to me as they needed space for a new lathe. After a year of it sitting on blocks I got it wired up and the secondary PLC is screaming that it is in E-stop mode. Tried to fix it but after a few months I have given up.

I have the wire maps of all the inputs and outputs from Hardinge. It has 13 25 pin D-Sub connectors in the control box and have the wiring diagrams for each pin and got that before I purchased the mesa boards. I want to make this super slick with all the buttons, but I am finding some controls from the wizard just not there.

What I am looking for are some libraries I can add to LinuxCNC to give me more buttons for the config, but maybe I am dreaming too much. What I cant find, and what I want to find are:

Outputs:
  • Axis break (akin to spindle break. Prevents the X from sliding down when the door is open)
  • collet close/open (I'll use the M101/M102 for these)
  • part chute (M103/M104)
  • Retract spindle pin (Spindle has a pin lock)

Inputs:
  • Air pressure low
  • Spindle overload
  • Open collet
  • Close collet
  • Door open
  • Hydraulics low
  • Coolant low
  • Lube low
  • Spindle load (does this not exist?)
  • Index tool

On top of that, two 8 tool turrets, one for the turret and one on the tailstock. The turrets have a lock, a motor to move, and a 6 wire encoder.

Where can I start looking? Are some already made? I know I will have to program a bunch of these myself with my minimal experience programming. I am starting to see that this may be bigger and deeper part of the project than I had hoped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2017 09:26 #92624 by tommylight
You can start by reading through several posts on this forum, namely Biese Rover, Matsura, Elumatec SBZ 130, etc.
They all use Mesa cards and all have toolchangers. The last one is done by me and it has a turret toolchanger with 8 tools but has a grey code encoder. There are plenty of other retrofits and info, so all you need is patience and time to read a lot.
The pncconfig is just a starting point, for anything more complex has to be done by manualy editing the hal files and/or comps.
Regards,
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds