Coarse and fine home implementation. Are there any tutorials?

More
17 Jul 2017 01:20 #95866 by Vitran
I have a lathe wired with a set of coarse and fine home positions. I am looking at how to implement them into LinuxCNC. I saw and example from JT where he had implemented it in his finished code, but I couldn't discern how it actually worked.

In general, when the go-home button is pressed, the machine moves at speed 1 until coarse button is hit then move at speed 2 until fine button is hit, back off and consider that 'home'. Or at least that is what I think it should do.

I know how to write it out in psudeocode, but am struggling in the actual code and as this could damage the machine, I would rather follow some example. I am thinking to do it in ladder, but I don't have a good grasp of how to govern motor motion in ladder yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2017 16:01 #95913 by andypugh
You might be able to do this by simulating index-homing. Is this a stepper-system or a servo system?

The development version (2.8) brings out the current home-state as a HAL pin, and that could be used to alter the home-switch behaviour. Do you have a link to JTs example? Is that what he did?

More
17 Jul 2017 16:24 #95921 by Vitran
Ah, now I got to find where I found the coarse and fine pins. I got it wrong. This was the JT one of configurations I was following along, but it seems like it didn't have the coarse and fine pins. I'll do more digging.

gnipsel.com/shop/hardinge/hardinge.xhtml

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds