Re:Adding some independent axis

More
11 Oct 2009 04:30 #953 by ldmarsaglia
Hello everybody,

I was wondering if i can add some indepent axis to a machine config, i mean.. i want to make a tipical X and Z lathe config but with two extra axis named A and B for example..

These two axis have to be independent from the other two, and also i want to invoke the movement of this axis with the name A or B... i mean if i need to make a rapid move i would like to write the code with G0 A10 and so on..

I want to know if this is too complicated or not... because i don't know if i have to edit a part of the code and recompile..

Well i hope i've been clear with my question..

As always thanks in advance.

Best regards :)

Leonardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2009 13:49 #955 by BigJohnT
Hi Leonardo,

EMC has 9 axis to choose from. X,Y, & Z are the normal linear axis. A,B, & C are the normal rotary axis. U, V, & W are the normal other linear axis.

www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//config_in...b:%5BAXIS%5D-section

Can you explain what you mean by "These two axis have to be independent from the other two" and/or what you are trying to do?

Regards
John

More
13 Oct 2009 00:25 - 13 Oct 2009 00:26 #967 by ldmarsaglia
Hello john, thanks as always for your answer

Well, what i want to do is make a basic lathe configuration with X and Z axis, and i need two extra axis (i think i will use U and V since these ones aren't showed in the backplot).

By now i could make the configuration and everything seems to be alright..

The only thing that i can't make it work is the backplot, because if i use axis with the LATHE = 1 mode, i can only select the Z and X axis for jogging, but in the backplot the graphic is showed rightfor lathe work.

Then if i use the LATHE = 0 for normal axis display, the only way i can view the X and Z face is rotated 90º to the left, so the X axis is horizontal and the Z axis is vertical, and it's a little bit uncomfortable to watch.

Well i hope i've been clear with the question..

Best regards.

Leonardo.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2009 00:26 by ldmarsaglia.

More
13 Oct 2009 00:26 - 13 Oct 2009 17:55 #968 by ldmarsaglia
Hello john, thanks as always for your answer

Well, what i want to do is make a basic lathe configuration with X and Z axis, and i need two extra axis (i think i will use U and V since these ones aren't showed in the backplot).

By now i could make the configuration and everything seems to be alright..

The only thing that i can't make it work is the backplot, because if i use axis with the LATHE = 1 mode, i can only select the Z and X axis for jogging, but in the backplot the graphic is showed rightfor lathe work.

Then if i use the LATHE = 0 for normal axis display, the only way i can view the X and Z face is rotated 90º to the left, so the X axis is horizontal and the Z axis is vertical, and it's a little bit uncomfortable to watch.

Well i hope i've been clear with the question..

Best regards.

Leonardo.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2009 17:55 by ldmarsaglia.

More
16 Jan 2023 14:50 #262131 by tommylight
Spammer booted.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds