Jogging Pendant & TS3040C-H80 Mill/engraver

More
14 Jan 2015 13:20 #54992 by CeeCeez
Hello all, I am an absolute rookie to LinuxCNC and CNC in general. I have a number of questions so please forgive me if I am not posting correctly or posting in the wrong place.

I'm choosing to go with LinuxCNC over Mach3 on Windows as I have been using Linux for some 14 years as both Desktop and server OS and understand it fairly well. I use SolydK as my every day OS in my laptop and run Debian & Ubuntu servers.

I have LinuxCNC 2.6 successfully installed and running on a half reasonable desktop machine.

So, questions:
1. Can a USB jogging pendant such as this: www.ebay.com.au/itm/2013-CNC-3-Axis-USB-...&hash=item4172125790 be used with LinuxCNC? If no, what can I use? I tried to enable a software jog wheel from here: www.anderswallin.net/2010/08/axis-with-pyvcp-jogwheel/ but did something wrong as it does not appear in the UI. :(
2. Does anyone have experience with the Tonsen TS3040C-H80 4 axis machine on LinuxCNC. I have one of these machines, badged as a Dongdadk but the same thing. I have no English documentation or manuals for the machine and don't know where to start with it.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2015 15:31 #54995 by ArcEye
Hi

1) Looks like a XHC clone, if it is then yes

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Using_...Wireless_MPG_Pendant

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeCeez

More
14 Jan 2015 15:41 - 14 Jan 2015 17:02 #54996 by ArcEye
And 2) This is just one of the ubiquitous 3040 routers under another name

Really you just need to isolate which parport pin goes to what, via the breakout board.

This post and others on that site may assist

EDIT:
or this one even, don't know what happened to the last one

www.cnczone.com/forums/chinese-machines/...cadcam-software.html

regards
Last edit: 14 Jan 2015 17:02 by ArcEye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeCeez

More
15 Jan 2015 08:30 #55019 by CeeCeez
Many Thanks ArcEye, now I have a starting point. I have also found this post:http://linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/9-installing-linuxcnc/24300-machine-parameter-conversion-from-mach3-to-emc2?start=40#50110 Which references similar mill, but I don't see a response with the xml file. I'll jump across to that thread and see if I can restart it.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds