MELSERVO Help, Replacing Sony MILLSTATION

More
20 May 2016 18:56 #74891 by DesignBC
7i77 is ordered.

What is it youre looking for dolmon?
I believe I have all the original floppies for the three axis mill, but I dont know if all the parts/drivers between the 2 axis version and 3 axis version are the same. Heck, I didnt even know there was a 2 axis version. Shrug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2016 19:32 #74892 by dolmon
As far as I know the control is the same for the three axis NU-20 and NU-30 only the software is not the same .I had a lot of left over parts from a company that folded and I pieced together a system and added the third axis drivers ,now I have a two and a half D without the 3 axis software to load .The floppies for a NU-30 is all i need. I'm retired and have been off project for five years due to illness.

More
20 May 2016 19:42 #74893 by DesignBC
I sent you a request so I can message you and see if I can either get you the disks, or at least get you the content. Hope your feeling better, Ill see what I can do to get you up and running.

More
20 May 2016 19:51 #74894 by dolmon
thank you very much I though it may be i a lost cause to find anything . I had to talk to the lead man at sony in cal who wrote the program eight years ago to get software to run it.I will be happy to any expense you incur .thanks much

More
14 Jun 2016 14:32 #76013 by DesignBC
I am awaiting the arrival of my 7I77 now, and while working through the machine setup, I have a much better understanding of the signal layout, servo amp setup (set for position mode), and one little issue for which I am not sure how to proceed due to my electrical ignorance.

The problem, a simple relay. I have a relay that has a 24v+ line in on the pole side, I need to supply the negative line to power the relay, which in turn powers my magnetic switches for the amps. What portion of the 7I77 will I use to supply (what I assume will be a 24v tolerant ground?) the signal I need to activate this relay. Additionally, I am assuming that this would be the ideal place to insert my physical E-Stop.

Thanks in advance for any help yall can give, I really appreciate it. :)

More
14 Jun 2016 14:57 #76014 by andypugh

The problem, a simple relay. I have a relay that has a 24v+ line in on the pole side, I need to supply the negative line to power the relay, which in turn powers my magnetic switches for the amps.

The 7i77 has a set of drive-enable outputs that can be wired as a switch. From the manual:

SERVO ENABLE OUTPUTS
Six uncommitted OPTO coupler outputs are available for drive enable. Five of these
outputs are (ENA0 through ENA4) are switched in common while ENA5 can be
independently switched for spindle applications. The ENA outputs are floating switches so
can be used for active high and active low drive enables. Output rating of the switches is
50 mA max at 100VDC max . Note that the enable outputs are polarized and can be
damaged with reverse polarity. For active high drive enables, ENAN+ should go to the
appropriate positive power supply and ENAN- to the drive enable input. For active low
enable drives, ENAN+ should go the the drive enable and ENAN- to control power ground.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DesignBC

More
14 Jun 2016 15:17 #76017 by DesignBC
You are a giant among men sir. I have a third relay that uses a PC signal to trip the main power, would the independent OPTO output be a proper use for this as I will have no spindle control and would need it operated independently? (Used for using the pc to trip the main power switch at shutdown)

More
14 Jun 2016 15:31 #76018 by andypugh

I have a third relay that uses a PC signal to trip the main power, would the independent OPTO output be a proper use for this as I will have no spindle control and would need it operated independently?

That seems reasonable.

Basically there are 5 enable outputs all of the same type. 4 are controlled by one HAL pin and the 5th by a separate HAL pin.

The only problem I see with your idea is: How do you turn on the PC if the PC controls the PC power relay?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DesignBC

More
14 Jun 2016 15:40 - 14 Jun 2016 15:40 #76019 by DesignBC
The PC has an independent power supply from the hardware power. Sony found it wise to kill the machine before the PC, and I wont argue..lol.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2016 15:40 by DesignBC.

More
15 Jun 2016 11:13 #76054 by DesignBC

For active high drive enables, ENAN+ should go to the
appropriate positive power supply and ENAN- to the drive enable input. For active low
enable drives, ENAN+ should go the the drive enable and ENAN- to control power ground.

So basically, I will be using the drive enable pins as a relay if I understand correctly. And since I am closing a ground, which seems to be referred to as ground, 0V, or active low depending on where I read (trying to understand instead of just have someone tell me what to do) I will be connecting from my ground to ENAN-, and ENAN+ to my relay, correct?

And if I am beginning to grasp the basics of electronics, could I not also buy a relay that switches with 10V, use a general 7177 10v out pin, and use it to close the ground instead?

Thanks for the help, this is starting to come together in my head...

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds