retrofit Bridgeport Prototrak Plus

More
05 Jun 2016 12:51 #75520 by new2linux
Attached are the latest error files, please if anyone has some thoughts on how to move forward please respond.

File Attachment:

File Name: eerroor01.txt
File Size:51 KB

many thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2016 13:16 #75522 by andypugh
Here is the problem, but it's a new one to me:
Debug file information:
intel_do_flush_locked failed: Input/output error
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components

When I see an error message that I haven't seen before I generally just use it as a google search term:

askubuntu.com/questions/170668/intel-do-...d-input-output-error

So, it seems to be related to OpenGL.
You could try this: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Troubl...oftware_based_OpenGL
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2linux

More
06 Jun 2016 17:55 #75568 by new2linux
I have and tried to follow the manuals and what others have suggested and I am struggling on what to do.
This is where I have not been able to go any more, as for the manuals (linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal/tutorial.html) I'm at currentely at 2.7, just exited: halcmd and need to try to fix "see copy of debug file" error as per andypugh suggestion on forum see:

askubuntu.com/questions/170668/intel-do-...d-input-output-error (this is andy's link)

As per comment from Todd Z, this is to Andy Pugh, that this is a per-loaded hard drive from JT, Todd thought it may make a difference as to how to solve the error.

Debug file information:
intel_do_flush_locked failed: Input/output error
PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components

Now I am trying to do the "work around" as per andy's suggestion (as to be clear 5.2 of andy's link (as in Terminal window) type at myLogInName" sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11") and i get a [sudo] password for emc:

The background as to what happen is that if you look under "users settings" account 1: Account Type: Administrator, this account is disabled and can't be deleted or changed because won't accept password. Account 2: Account Type: Desktop user, this is the "emc" account and won't accept password. I was working on trying to get access to the Administrator account as to gain admin permission so I could work on andy's suggestion. At the "Terminal" (I had read on some help form, after googling assistance) that the command "passwd" root password was available or maybe required, so I have a root password I think. Currently, I do not think and does not appear that I am able to log in as administer.

I am extremely grateful for all the help, I am disappointed with myself with how I have goofed this up so far.
Please if anybody has any suggestions.

many thanks!

More
06 Jun 2016 19:25 #75575 by BigJohnT
Did you try a different video card, OpenGL is video.

Run a low graphic simulator config like to see if it runs.

JT

More
06 Jun 2016 19:45 #75577 by new2linux
I tried 800 x 600 under monitor preferences, but no help.

More
06 Jun 2016 20:14 #75581 by new2linux

This is the screen shot of the OpenGL settings, I changed the top from Good to Best. Did not seem to matter.

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
06 Jun 2016 20:38 #75585 by andypugh

[attachment=7573]This is the screen shot of the OpenGL settings, I changed the top from Good to Best. Did not seem to matter.

Resolution or quality won't have any effect. Try using a non-graphical GUI as a test.

In the INI file change DISPLAY = axis to DISPLAY = tklinuxcnc

This is an experiment, we are not suggesting that the solution is to use that GUI.

More
06 Jun 2016 22:15 #75594 by new2linux
Andy, You are so correct, it took several moments to get this correct, but now the screen says (LinuxCNC-HAL-SIM-AXIS) has a blue back screen with X, Y, Z, almost centered in window. From you comment this is to tease out what the correct fix will be.

Andy, Many thanks!
Chris

More
06 Jun 2016 23:04 #75596 by andypugh
The difference between Axis and the other GUIs is that Axis used OpenGL to do the 3D cut preview.

How badly do you want that preview? It is rather handy.

More
06 Jun 2016 23:12 - 06 Jun 2016 23:23 #75597 by new2linux
Are we talking a section view? The only reason to use this system is to run g code, with large file size capacity if necessary. I have solidworks for design. If that was the question.

The old system had no monitor, just DRO area.

You know the more I look at the screen the better it looks, but I have not seen the "screen in question" so, I need to know what it will take, before deciding if what I got is good enough!

Many thanks!
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 23:23 by new2linux. Reason: good enough?

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds