Using Axis Interface from Livecd not installed

More
22 Apr 2011 13:10 #9252 by dino
Hi,
Firstly as its my first post ,go easy on my simple noob question, and just thank all the moderators and contributors
for providing this forum and yes i have spent a numerous hours reading/researching this before posting.
Anyways call me any names you want but can you answer this ?can you use the Axis interface buttons under the
Manual control F3 tab ie axis X,Y,Z . + - continuous ,home axis as they appear greyed using Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron livecd ,not installed to hard drive. I have tried running the stepconfwizard and running its Test this Axis both Z and X and both appear to be responding (lathe motors move ok)after changing various parallel port pins and parameters and saving ,then running the associated generated launch stepconf shortcut on desktop to the Axis interface. I have disabled all pins accept the step and dirn for these two axis and have tried other combinations so I have spent a fair bit of time on it so any help would be appreciated as i am beginning to think the Sim > lathe mode that i chose in one of my attempts means no Manual control of these buttons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2011 13:37 - 22 Apr 2011 13:38 #9256 by BigJohnT
You have to home your machine first or change the ini setting NO_FORCE_HOMING before you can jog.

www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/config_ini_config.html#sub:[TRAJ]-section

Oh, and you will need to install it...

John
Last edit: 22 Apr 2011 13:38 by BigJohnT.

More
26 Apr 2011 09:30 #9319 by andypugh
dino wrote:

can you use the Axis interface buttons under the
Manual control F3 tab ie axis X,Y,Z . + - continuous ,home axis as they appear greyed using Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron livecd

I hesitate to suggest this, but have you taken EMC2 out of E-stop (F1 or the top left button) then turned it (F2, or the next button along)?

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds