× Forum Header

limit switch

More
04 Feb 2016 19:23 - 04 Feb 2016 19:38 #69605 by sandman92k
limit switch was created by sandman92k

i have attached 3 photos, the first one should be the hal, iam not sure how to read that, does it mean one of the two switches is wired different?
the second pic is the limit switch at the end of the axis,
and the third switch is at the begining,

i wired the switches so they were nc
also the white wire was used as the ground

any suggestions
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Feb 2016 19:38 by sandman92k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 20:16 #69610 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic limit switch
What the HAL Config screen shot is showing is that the status of the first parallel port pin 10, is controlling the HAL signal named "both-x" witch in turn controls both the high and low limits for axis-0 (or the X axis).

Now if you have the wires from those limit switches properly connected to your breakout board to feed pin 10 of your parallel port, it should work correctly.

Are you having a problem? Other than explaining the Hal Config picture, I didn't see any other questions to answer.

More
04 Feb 2016 20:38 #69613 by sandman92k
Replied by sandman92k on topic limit switch
the switch works, and stops the movement, when the switch is activated it also shows an error code, which you close it out and restart, the concern was that when the machine triggers the switch it stops the motor, and if you close the error out and turn back on the error kicks again, because the motor is still locked against the switch, i have to turn all power off, and move the axis away from the switch to continue.

so i was wondering if i had done something wrong with the wiring or if the hal was showing something, i noticed in the hal that one showed positive and one showed negative, so i did not know if that was correct.

or if it is a programming issue i need to figure out

More
04 Feb 2016 21:18 #69617 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic limit switch
In Axis, somewhere on the left side of the screen there should be a check box that says "Override Limits". It is normally greyed out, but when a limit switch is activated you can click on that check box, re-power the machine then jog away from the limit. Once the limit signal is no longer active, the check box resets and is deactivated.

More
05 Feb 2016 00:10 #69626 by sandman92k
Replied by sandman92k on topic limit switch
i never noticed that until you said something, thank you

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds