× Forum Header

Micro stepping not taken into account ?

More
09 May 2016 15:32 #74414 by gaeldk
Hello,

I changed PC and now everything works, strange because the one I used before shows a latency of 15000 while the replacement one of 12000... so not much difference but works great now...

Thanks a lot for your help. I have learned quite a lot on this journey :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2016 17:28 #74463 by gaeldk
Oh no :evil:

Now I have tried a long operation that I have milled on other machines so the G-code is good and I get a gap after a long operation on this Y AXIS ...

As if the motor is loosing steps in that direction...

What should I do now ? How can I diagnose the problem better and why I am loosing accuracy on this axis on long opérations ?

When using 8 micro steps per step the axis is vibrating but not generating a gap like this...

More
10 May 2016 17:34 #74464 by andypugh
Is this after a long feed move, or after a rapid move?
How far does the system have to travel to each maximum speed?

What are your following-error limits?

More
10 May 2016 17:45 #74465 by gaeldk

Is this after a long feed move, or after a rapid move?
How far does the system have to travel to each maximum speed?

What are your following-error limits?

This is after a very long milling operation (about 80 minutes) on wood...

This operation has 2 parts a rough and a finnish, the rough is at 2m/min and the finnish at 5.4m/min
The rough is slow and seems to be ok it looks like the gap builds up during the finnish phase at high speed

FERROR is set to 1 machine unit so 1mm
After the operation I see about 6mm gap difference with the origin just for the Y axis

The X axis has the same micro stepping setting (16/step), the same FERROR (1), the same max speed (5.4m/s) and does not create gaps at all...

I am now checking the coupling and mechanical potential issues.. but look ok...

More
10 May 2016 17:51 #74466 by gaeldk
... and MIN_FERROR is 0.25mm

More
10 May 2016 19:58 #74472 by andypugh
Don't ignore the possibility of a mechanical problem, perhaps when the motor gets hot it loosens a coupling. It might be worth marking the alignment with a marker pen.

If you haven't triggered a following error then the system thinks it has sent the steps, so the question becomes why the machine has not responded to the step commands.

Is there any evidence on the part that the problem happens in the same place? Perhaps a ramp in a corner, where the stepper stalls-out.
You might be able to figure out it it happens once per layer, all at once, or imperceptibly slowly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gaeldk

More
11 May 2016 16:47 #74520 by gaeldk

Don't ignore the possibility of a mechanical problem, perhaps when the motor gets hot it loosens a coupling

I believe you were entirely right, this happened only after a lenghthy milling operation and we did tighten even more the couplings and the problem is gone.

Thank you so much for your help and to those like you who did provide support... :)

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds