× Forum Header

Trouble shooting Question step config axis test

More
10 Jun 2016 11:36 #75753 by NHGeorge
Hi working on another issue with backlash or false moves on straight paths that developed after latest upgrade. My previous setup of my system worked okay and only mods I had made where following error changes and backlash setup and dont remember in what order but all seemed to work as programmed and seemed fine until upgrade. I have gone back to the beginning to see if im doing something to cause this issue and had noticed this in the past but now raises a question. when you get to the window test this axis I have found the velocity and acceleration adjusters on this screen limit me to a small adjustment and have always manually clicked in the box and entered my value and tested and saved etc. and thinking that the limited adjustment is calculated based on my setup info (drivers,latency,etc) and me going outside this limit manually is causing me these problems in some way. I attached a pic of the window im referring to the values are not mine.
Thanks G
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2016 12:41 #75762 by andypugh
LinuxCNC has no way to even guess the accel limits of your machine, so there is no reason for it to limit accel adjustment.

LinuxCNC does know the maximum step rate, but that is likely to be rather more than most machines can follow.

More
10 Jun 2016 16:05 #75779 by NHGeorge
sorta what my thought was and question really about was are these adjustment limits already calculated and based on the info supplied prior to this screen and if im going outside of my steprate by manually entering a value vs. staying within the limited adjustment the screen allows or is there a code error in step config that wont allow the up and down adjustment arrows to scroll to whatever value the user wants.

More
10 Jun 2016 17:39 #75781 by NHGeorge
Hi Andy I got the time to answer this myself for what i was looking for but the value in the screen prior to test this axis effects the values in test this axis so i may need to go back further and do a new step config rather then modified one. I noted max base and step rate prior to advancing to test and found im not causing any step rate issue but still having issue. looking at ini i think i need to go with a new config because i can see the only thing that got removed from ini is backlash and stepgen changes and not sure on what ferror should be or if i changed previously and was not modified during this step config. i did reduce these values and retest and still same results midpath move after adding backlash line to ini and upping stepgen 2x max accel as noted in docs. go back to my original backlash post and update if i find anything.
thanks G

More
13 Jun 2016 09:57 #75903 by andypugh
Once you have the basic skeleton of a config created by stepconf it quicky becomes easier (and more flexible) to edit the HAL and INI files directly.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds