× Forum Header

Configure Chinise HY-TB5 CNC milling machine

More
25 Jul 2016 14:32 #77985 by daniel
Hi,

Has anyone any experience of Chinise HY-TB5 CNC milling machine and LinuxCNC? I have bought a machine on Ebay and will receive it in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to figure out how to configure LinuxCNC. The machine is using the parallell port and it has five axis, XYZAB. But when I run the Stepper Configuration Wizard, I may only select four axis, XYZA.

I'm using LinuxCNC version 2.7.5.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2016 14:52 #77989 by andypugh
Unfortunately Stepconf can not configure for a 5-axis machine.
However, LinuxCNC can control up to 9 axes, this is only a limitation in stepconf.

You will need to create an XYZA machine in Stepconf then do some manual editing of the HAL and INI files to add the B axis. This is basically a copy and paste exercise.

More
11 Sep 2016 02:29 #80322 by hotdog
Hi there, I have bought the Chinese HY-TB5 CNC milling machine as well. I was wondering if you got your machine to work with Linuxcnc? If you did, could you send me a pic of your parallel port 1 in configuration wizard or help me out with some tips or tricks. I setup my ports and pins to the manual specks for mach3 and the only axis that worked is the A axis, I'm stumped. I got it to work on mach3 first before changing to Linux so I know the machine does work.

More
12 Sep 2016 14:33 #80363 by Todd Zuercher
Did you try importing the Mach3 xml file into Stepconfig? (I have no Mach3 experience, or have any clue how well the conversion program does or doesn't work.)

More
14 Sep 2016 18:30 #80457 by daniel
I have only tried Mach3 so far, but here is how I configured the parallell port:

Pin 14: Enable1, Enable2, Enable3, Enable4, Enable5
Turn on/off power to the five stepper motors.

X-Axis: Pin 16: Stepping. Pin 4: Direction.
Y-Axis: Pin 8: Stepping. Pin 9: Direction.
Z-Axis: Pin 5: Stepping. Pin 17: Direction.
A-Axis: Pin 7: Stepping. Pin 6: Direction.
B-Axis: Pin 2: Stepping. Pin 3: Direction.

I think I switched X and Y axis from that the machine thinks is X and Y.
I also set Z axis direction to be active LOW, in order to get increasing value on the Z axis to make the spindle go up and not down.

Input signals:
X++, X--, X Home: Pin 10. Active LOW
Y++, Y--, Y Home: Pin 11. Active LOW
Z++, Z--, Z Home: Pin 12. Active LOW
These are end point switches. Please note that one of the end point switches on the Y axis is too far away and not to any use. And that the A/B-table is not traveling freely under the wheel on the Z-axis that allows you to manually drive the Z-axis up and down, so be careful.

On my machine, I have a Probe input, just above the parallel port connector. It is connected to pin 13 on the parallel port. I have two different probes and one of them is "Active HIGH" and the other is "Active LOW".

If you have the Probe connector, I recommend that you get a "female JST-PH connector for three pins". Please note that once the connector is connected, it is almost impossible to disconnect it, so I have only connected it loosely so there is contact, but that I'm still able to disconnect the cable.
This page is in Swedish, but if you look at the image you might see what kind of connector I mean: www.electrokit.com/kabel-med-vinklad-kon...tph-3pol-150mm.53096

The probe connector that I'm using has three wires in the cable: red, black and yellow. It is the yellow and black wires that are in use. The spindle itself is connected to the black wire, so if you are using a probe to zero the end mill position, you would only need to connect the probe to the yellow wire.

I have bought one of these and it is highly recommendable if you have the probe input on your machine:
www.ebay.com/itm/262504577837

The probe input is a later add on, so almost none of the images on the machine on Ebay has the probe connector, but it seems that new machines have the probe connector.

Kind regards,
Daniel

More
18 Oct 2017 12:33 #100505 by NuB-Russian
Greetings. I have same cnc and my problem is spindle. Did you make spindle configuration in mach3? Can you control spindle thru mach3? If yes, please, be kind, tell what you did for it.

More
18 Oct 2017 13:49 #100508 by daniel
If you have a five axle machine and use the parallell port, it's not possible to control the spindle at the same time as the five axes. The parallell port does not have enough output pins for that.

Regards,
Daniel

More
18 Oct 2017 14:41 #100510 by NuB-Russian
So, how you set spindle speed ? Only on vfd panel setting frequency? I trying to configure this CNC starting with only 3-axis at first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qwedsa5200

More
18 Oct 2017 15:09 #100513 by daniel
Yes, I configure the spindle speed on the router itself.

Please note the direction of the spindle. When the router is power on, my spindle is running counter clockwise, but I need it to rotate clockwise. It's just pressing the direction button on the machine, but it's important to remember that.

More
18 Oct 2017 15:19 #100514 by NuB-Russian
Thank you. It was very helpful for me.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds