× Forum Header

Mach3 XML and Stepconfig issues.

More
16 Apr 2017 18:14 #91465 by tecno

File Attachment:

File Name: BlomqvistCNC3000.xml
File Size:159 KB

Mach3 runs OK but I cannot get LCNC running, the Charge Pump will not work as expected.

Can toggle F1/F2 but no power via Charge Pump.

Can anybody see what is going on here?
I know that spindle will not work as is ( now Step/Dir controlled ) but I want to get other functions to work before
I change out my old BoB tyo a more modern with PWM for spindle 0-10V for the VFD.

Need to have both Mach3 and LCNC working on same setup PC/BoB.
Provisions for pin 13 coming for ChA from encoder.

Most grateful if somebody can take a look and see what can be done.

Cheers
Bengt
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2017 01:34 #91489 by Todd Zuercher
I'm only asking this because you did not say that you tried it.

Did you try to using Stepconfig to import your Mach3 XML file to build your Linuxcnc config file?

What were the results? What are the error messages your getting? Sow us the resulting config files.

I'm not sure that Linuxcnc can't run the spindle the way you are with Mach3, It just might not be the most efficient.

More
17 Apr 2017 05:45 #91497 by tecno
Hi Todd,

Yes imported xml, only X/Z ports where automagic and the rest manually set.
No error messages, only not functional that is F2 will not open Charge Pump (CP).

When starting LCNC the CP temporarily opens and lathe electronics is with power and second after goes off.

Spindle now is OK with Mach and must be changed to work with LCNC = new BoB will solve this.
This Mach setup is from the early 90´s and has been working OK, even with threading.
I was one of the testers for Art Fennerty back in the days testing threading iterations.

What files do you want to see? Can fix this during the day.

Cheers
Bengt

More
17 Apr 2017 06:01 - 17 Apr 2017 06:02 #91498 by Todd Zuercher
The .ini file and any .hal files.

I'm affraid I just don't understand why however Mach is controling your spindle could not be replicated by Linuxcnc. (but I really don't know anything about Mach.) If it is just step/dir signals from the parallel port, that sounds simple and easily doable.
What do you know about how your charge pump works or should work? Lets see if we can figure out why it isn't working.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2017 06:02 by Todd Zuercher.

More
17 Apr 2017 06:21 #91499 by tecno
Will copy files later today.

S/D signals goes via small board that converts it to control the VFD. Sorry to say but I can not find the schematics so I will try to have a look at the board and redraw schematics.

Cheers
Bengt

More
17 Apr 2017 08:24 - 17 Apr 2017 12:05 #91500 by tecno
Here files as requested.

File Attachment:

File Name: Blomqvist_...17-2.hal
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Blomqvist_...17-2.ini
File Size:2 KB

Hope this helps
Bengt
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2017 12:05 by tecno.

More
17 Apr 2017 08:25 - 17 Apr 2017 12:08 #91501 by tecno
The circuit is based on LM2907 to control the VFD via step pulses.Dir via relay to change VFD.
200steps - 4400 max vel - 1875mm/sec/sec acceleration 5µs steps length.

This results in that pressing F1 the Charge Pump goes active and power is on but NOT possible to activate F2

This results in NO activation at all for the CP and F1 F2 can be toggled

Hope this helps
Cheers
Bengt
Last edit: 17 Apr 2017 12:08 by tecno.

More
17 Apr 2017 08:42 #91502 by tecno
How is it that no files are visible?

More
17 Apr 2017 11:00 #91505 by rodw
Some file types are not allowed. Maybe zip them up and try again.

Just be aware that Mach3 XML files are meaningless on this forum, as we use .ini and .hal files to configure Linuxcnc. Sooner or later (probably sooner), you are going to need to hand edit these files. Halshow lets you see what is going on.

There are many things that could prevent you from turning the machine on. I'd be looking at all the limit switches . If any are shared as home switches, make sure that the home offset in the ini file moves the axis away from the switch. Also go through the hal file and make sure your estop signals are set up correctly. With Halshow, you shold be able to confirm the charge pump is working. I can't really help you much as I don't use parallel port hardware

More
17 Apr 2017 12:13 #91510 by tecno
.hal + .ini + .jpg's should not be a problem, now edited and all show up. So go figure what happened, Mr Murphy maybe.

I am aware that some editing, will have a go with Halshow and see if I can find anything that way.
No home sw are in series or shared.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds