× Forum Header

need help setting up, and troubleshooting config for a 48" X 48" X 5" router

More
17 Jun 2017 19:34 #94654 by travis036
travis036 created the topic: need help setting up, and troubleshooting config for a 48" X 48" X 5&q
i am fairly new to CNC, so please be gentile on me ;)

ok, i bought a Techno/Isel CNC router a while back, it is about 48" X 48" X 5" working area. all the components i have bought off eBay to get it operational again.

my stepper drivers are HY-DIV268N-5A, i don't have the stepper info on me at the time, but i can get it if needed.

now, i am not sure how to setup LinuxCNC for my hardware. i couldn't find any timing info for my stepper drivers, so if somebody knows the values i would be most grateful.
Here are the symptoms:
all axis will move fine when jogging with the test controls in StepConf Wizard, though the negative jog is a little more noisy than the positing movement. when i jog with LinuxCNC, it works the first time on all axis, but when i cycle back through, all axis make a lot of noise with no movement. also, when i set "Machine off", the steppers all buzz.

thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Travis
More
17 Jun 2017 20:50 #94655 by BigJohnT
BigJohnT replied the topic: need help setting up, and troubleshooting config for a 48" X 48" X 5&q
Here is a stepper driver timing page from the wiki.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Stepper_Drive_Timing

What values do you have now for step and direction timing?

JT
More
17 Jun 2017 20:57 #94656 by travis036
travis036 replied the topic: need help setting up, and troubleshooting config for a 48" X 48" X 5&q
i am not at my machine right now, but the last driver setting i tried was for the Hobbycnc preset. i was trying to find one that would work for a base value to figure it out from.

~Travis
More
17 Jun 2017 21:01 #94657 by BigJohnT
BigJohnT replied the topic: need help setting up, and troubleshooting config for a 48" X 48" X 5&q
Really you can't just guess at the numbers... there must be some info somewhere on the drive about timings. Start with the chinese blue board timings from the link I gave you.

JT
More
17 Jun 2017 21:07 #94658 by travis036
travis036 replied the topic: need help setting up, and troubleshooting config for a 48" X 48" X 5&q
ok, thanks, i will do just that. I have searched google, and all i could find is the connection diagrams. failing that, i may have to open one up and see what driver chip it uses, and find a datasheet for it.

~Travis
More
17 Jun 2017 21:12 #94659 by BigJohnT
The driver chip is only a part of the equation, other parts like optos may require longer times than the chip itself.

JT
More
17 Jun 2017 21:25 #94660 by travis036
as soon as i finish my cup of coffee, i will try the Chinese blue board settings.

i don't suppose there is anybody in Maine, USA that could do a house call? ;)

~Travis
More
17 Jun 2017 21:38 #94661 by BigJohnT
I'm in Missouri but a riding buddy made it to New York a few years back does that help?

JT
More
17 Jun 2017 22:09 #94664 by travis036
not much, but thanks ;)

ok, here are my findings of the settings, and such.
the steppers run smoothest at the setting for L298 preset, not so much at the blue board settings.
more importantly, i noticed the noise was actually the steppers stalling. admittedly, i do have to clean and lube the machine, but i suspect that is just the sign pointing to the real problem. i don't think my cheap Chinese drivers are supplying the 5A that the seller stated they would produce, so my steppers don't have the get-up, n go to get over the small bumps of debris. i suspected that may be the case, but i had hopes that it would work anyway.

I have ordered, and i am currently waiting for the recommend slide and screw grease to arrive from amazon (no local suppler). when it arrives, i will completely clean and lube the machine, and see if it still stalls. i have dosed the machine with WD40 when i got it to prevent rust, but that is it so far.

~Travis
More
17 Jun 2017 22:36 #94665 by BigJohnT
You might lower your acceleration if your not using a high voltage. What voltage is your drive running on?

JT
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds