rid login password

More
11 May 2016 04:49 #74484 by dirk61
rid login password was created by dirk61
hi Guys
Since I use my computer for Linuc - CNC I would like to give up the Login and the password input at boot .
Have Linux cnc 2.7 Debian on it .
Have already tried with visudo 'm always ROOT only during boot I have to still sign ( - :

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2016 19:56 #74526 by andypugh

More
12 May 2016 12:22 #74544 by dirk61
Replied by dirk61 on topic rid login password
Hello Andy

Thanks for the tip.Habe the same in the terminal as Sudo geƶffnet.Leider I can not go in there to write my name , the keyboard responds very funny can you please help me ??

Mfg Dirk

More
12 May 2016 15:53 #74557 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic rid login password
I don't really understand your description of the problem, to be honest.

More
12 May 2016 16:14 #74558 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic rid login password
This really is a Debian question, not linuxcnc.

There is plenty of help on the debian forum, depends what display manager you have (xfce is default for the distro)
forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=81645 = xfce
forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=104603 = lxdm

I don't understand the rest of it either I'm afraid

regards

More
12 May 2016 20:04 #74565 by dirk61
Replied by dirk61 on topic rid login password
i figured this out!
here is step by step for future searchers:

hi Guys

Small stand between

Have tried everything possible , unfortunately worked the input is not in the terminal .
Habs then tried with and it was at first attempt .
Thank you very much

1. open terminal
2. type "su" (without quotes) and hit enter - (this will made you temporarily be root user which is necessary to edit important system files)
3. it will ask for password and it won't show letters while typing, put password hit enter
4. type in without quotes: "mousepad /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf" and hit enter - (this will open lightdm.conf file in text editing program called mousepad)
5. under [SeatDefaults] (be sure not to search under: # Seat defaults), find line: #autologin-user= (after quotes there will be some comment), delete whole line (with # and comment), and replace it with: autologin-user=yourusername (instead of "yourusername" put your real user name)
6. under [SeatDefaults] (be sure not to search under: # Seat defaults), find line: #autologin-user-timeout= (after quotes there will be some comment), delete whole line (with # and comment), and replace it with: autologin-user-timeout=0
7. click: file-save, exit mousepad, exit terminal
8. restart computer and watch it logging in debian without prompting you for username and password
:lol:

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds