General Computer & Hardware Components Required?

More
20 Sep 2016 03:08 #80649 by Todd Zuercher
I have a machine running a D2700 (software stepping) with Linuxcnc Ubuntu 10.04. It is working perfectly fine graphically for me. It is only for a cnc machine control, I don't need it to run HD video, so using 1024x768 video resolution is perfectly adequate for my uses (pretty sure the monitor plugged into it isn't capable of anything better.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: gismofx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2016 10:42 #80662 by gismofx
Thanks. I knew it usable; not completely incompatible, but for my peace of mind I wanted something fully supported. From what I read, there is no hardware acceleration driver on that PowerVR and it seemed a little trickier to get higher resolutions working. I also read that only the VGA port was usable.

More
20 Sep 2016 12:34 #80667 by Todd Zuercher
I'm not sure if the board I'm using has anything other than a VGA port, but it has been running a Linuxcnc controlled router for nearly 5 years.

More
20 Sep 2016 17:57 #80682 by andypugh
I did force it to work, with a hand-crafted Xorg.conf and note that that discussion is from a few years ago, and driver support might have improved.

More
20 Sep 2016 23:11 #80697 by gismofx

I did force it to work, with a hand-crafted Xorg.conf and note that that discussion is from a few years ago, and driver support might have improved.

Yea, that seems like on of the fixes. I searched for a while if there were any new developments on a driver. Seems to have went dead a few years back.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds