problem with the screen

More
11 Sep 2016 11:51 - 11 Sep 2016 11:56 #80332 by finemeca
Hello,
I have a problem with the screen saver with linux Debain 7.
I use a motherboard:
ASROCK Q1900B-ITX CARTE MERE

Here's what happens:

lien

I did not need to have a cnc machine a screensaver.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 11:56 by finemeca.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 12:41 #80334 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic problem with the screen
Disable the screen saver go to Applications menu>settings>screensaver and you have MODE so choose "disable screen saver" and close.
If this does not fix it, let us know, as from you picture that is a HSync problem, but that can be many things.
Does that happen only after the screen saver?

More
11 Sep 2016 12:41 #80335 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic problem with the screen
This is a linux question really, but you are dead right, no place for a screensaver on a cnc controller.

You have not said what desktop environment you are running, that will have a bearing.
I seem to recall the distro uses the crappy xfce interface

In which case
www.google.co.uk/search?q=debian+wheezy+...DVV_mRNYjOmwHFiq-gDQ

More
11 Sep 2016 18:19 #80339 by finemeca
Replied by finemeca on topic problem with the screen
ok thank you I will try tomorrow

More
10 Jun 2017 07:30 #94384 by smal
Replied by smal on topic problem with the screen
After experimenting one week with various concepts of which none actually worked as expected I have found following options in XFCE desktop to disable the screensaver:

Application Menu -> Settings -> Power Manager -> General -> Monitor Power Management -> should be active
Application Menu -> Settings -> Power Manager -> General -> On AC -> Actions -> Put the computer to sleep when inactive -> scroll bar the to left -> Never
Application Menu -> Settings -> Power Manager -> General -> On AC -> Actions -> spin down hard disks -> not active
Application Menu -> Settings -> Power Manager -> General -> On AC -> Monitor -> Put display to sleep when computer is inactive for -> scroll bar to the left -> Never
Application Menu -> Settings -> Power Manager -> General -> On AC -> Monitor -> Switch off diplay when computer is inactive for -> scroll bar to the left -> Never
Application Menu -> Settings -> Power Manager -> General -> On AC -> Monitor -> Reduce Brightness when computer is inactive for -> scroll bar to the left -> Never

How to make autologin:
Open the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf and navigate to line 78 (you can enable line numbers on Leafpad).
It should be saying #autologin-user=.
Remove the # and change it to have your username after (for example: autologin-user=test).

Regards
Simon Mali
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Jun 2017 12:51 #94529 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic problem with the screen
I found that even all of the above wasn't enough :-(

xset dpms force off

Does the trick. Needs to be in a startup script, though, or it is just temporary.
One good place would be in the "linuxcnc" script, then it is only activated when you are actually using linuxcnc

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds