Looking for Linux Mint 18.1 compatible Touch Screen (for touchy interface)

More
09 Apr 2017 22:33 #91100 by cut2cut
Hi, I'm looking for a Linux Mint 18.1 compatible Touch Screen to use with the linuxCnc Touchy interface. Any suggestions of a model that works without too much hassle ?

Jake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2017 10:48 #91236 by andypugh
I don't use Mint, so can't say it is better or worse than Wheezy, but anything that uses the eGalaxyTouch driver is likely to be _some_ trouble to get working. I have two screens using that driver and whilst they work, they were annoying to make work.

More
12 Apr 2017 13:39 #91246 by cncnoob1979
I use an Asus VT207N, Works out of the box with Linux mint 18.1. Linux mint 17.3 or LMDE 2 needs a few commands to enable it.

Its possible to enable the 10point touch too. However nothing in Linux really uses 10 point touch. But I did get a demo working just to see.

More
12 Apr 2017 13:49 #91248 by Todd Zuercher
I'll second that. I've set up two Linux computers with touch screens. One very old screen I pulled from a dumpster (I don't remember what it was) and one new one that used the egalaxytouch, and both were a pain to configure, but were still do able and work fine once set up.

More
12 Apr 2017 17:01 - 12 Apr 2017 17:03 #91258 by bkt
On ubuntu I use with succes from 4 years egalax touch (from 10.04 to 16.04 all ...) .... mint is ubuntu rebranding so nothing change.
Actually there are some source for open linux driver for egalax ... but not work properly ... use only egalax driver from egalax sites ... there are 3 driver version (depend from your kernel version) chose the right and use readme doc. After these use the blacklist command for non boot ubuntu usb touch driver and use egalax instead.
Use egalax calibration app only, not use ubuntu app for calibration ... is quite expensive ... You lose a lot of time to figure out which of the screen axes are to be adjusted and whether and how ubuntu or not he has saved the settings that you should write by hand in a special file. ... its all.

regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 12 Apr 2017 17:03 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds