G-code error

More
13 May 2017 20:53 #93148 by grump
G-code error was created by grump
Just recently started to pick up this error message.
I load the initial code and it works fine, after completed job load next job or ngc file and this error appears.
Coordinates disappear from screen and I have to reload axis to load another file then cycle repeats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2017 08:02 #93252 by grump
Replied by grump on topic G-code error
Does nobody know what the cause of this error is?
It's peeing me off now and only started since I played with NativeCam .
It don't matter what I do I can't clear it, I even went back to the old Wheezy 7 I had on dvd and installed from that.

More
16 May 2017 11:49 #93258 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic G-code error
What does scan.ngc do? There must be a variable attached to an M code there that changes its value somewhere in the process. Are you using remap? Chect if a O sub is calling scan.ngc and why and how it is related to M codes.
Normaly M codes can not change by just running an ngc file.
Provide us with more info and attach the hal ini and ngc files you are using when that happens.
Regards,
Tom

More
16 May 2017 12:10 - 16 May 2017 23:31 #93259 by grump
Hi Tom, scan is just an engraving pattern, it doesn't matter which ngc file i try to use its just not having it.
I have to load the file before homing, once a home button is pushed it won't let me load a different file.
I then need to restart axis and load a file before homing. There is nothing in the G-code to create this.

Research seems to point at the [RS274NGC] but there is little to research on Google.
I have installed Jessie 8 this morning and downloaded from the Buildbot a new lcnc uspace setup my mill with stepcof wizard and generated a fresh engrave ngc with F-engrave and still get the same error.

I am not doing anything different to what I have always done and it happens now on all my computers even the simulated laptop which has a git clone lcnc, stretch 9 and 4.9.0-2 rt.
It only started recently and won't relent.

File Attachment:

File Name: scan.ngc
File Size:35 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill.ini
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 May 2017 23:31 by grump. Reason: attach hal file

More
16 May 2017 15:37 - 16 May 2017 15:43 #93266 by cts1085
Replied by cts1085 on topic G-code error
I am seeing a similar error with 2.8.0-pre1-3126-gcb74ca8

After running a few NGCGUI routines then i get a error about an m31 code - sometimes different numbers show up.
After than the back plot no longer shows

If i exit Axis/LinuxCNC and re-run the last command - it works with no errors.

Smells like a memory leak or something similar...
Last edit: 16 May 2017 15:43 by cts1085.

More
16 May 2017 19:21 #93276 by grump
I have uploaded one of my crappy attempts at filming the error.
Not very good but you might see the problem and hopefully give a solution.

More
16 May 2017 21:24 #93281 by tommylight
Been running your scan.ngc file several times on 2 of my configs, no error ever. Load, run, reload, run, open again, run, all is good.
I am at a loss, as your ini file contains no remap, so i can not fathom why would it error on M2692 and where is it getting that on line 0 !!!
Did you by any chance edit the files on a windows computer? That tends to cause some unlikely errors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grump

More
16 May 2017 23:25 #93284 by grump
Thanks for trying Tom.

I know there is nothing wrong with either the ini fie or the ngc file they are the same as I always use.
Microsoft, refuse to use any of their software, won't have it in the house so no to that question.

This error has only come about since I was playing with that NativeCam I am sure it can't be related but I also don't believe it's coincidence.

It can't be that because I have completely wiped and zeroed the ssd and reinstalled yet again to no avail.

I did notice some of the git files have recently been updated and wonder if there is a newly built bug to report.
Has anyone else updated or installed in the last few days?

More
16 May 2017 23:46 #93288 by tommylight

Microsoft, refuse to use any of their software, won't have it in the house so no to that question.

Welcome to the club! Been over 12 years since i moved completely to Linux. Unfortunately i keep an old laptop with windows in it since occasionally i need it to test some stuff.

I did notice some of the git files have recently been updated and wonder if there is a newly built bug to report.
Has anyone else updated or installed in the last few days?

My last update was about 2 months ago. My workshop looks like a mine field so i can not use the rest of the computers until i sort things out, had to make space for a MAZAK Micro Slant 15, the irony of it is it is named "Micro" and weighs over 3 and a half tons!!!
forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/32784...micro-slant-15#93280

More
17 May 2017 08:52 #93292 by grump
I was a tester of their products from win 95 to 8.1 and forced to use it at work so I know how bad it is.
Never allowed it in the home in all that time, Unix / Linux only.

I no longer work in that industry and wow what a release it is.

My grandson has a project of an old arcade machine to build and asked for help with it.
We are using a raspberry pi running Linux with a dos box for the games, he loves it, learning new skills and it brings back memories not all good ones and confusing where to put a capitol letter and which way the slash goes etc but we are there with it.
Bloody addictive these space invaders and Pacman.

To get back to the subject, I get a different M number with every file but it's always line 0 so something is looking in the wrong place to complete its task.

My answer to everything is to wipe off and start again which I have now done several times and still get the same result.
Leading me to be convinced it's not me but the system is failing.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds