axis pyvcp panel touch screen jog problem

More
07 May 2015 02:35 #58455 by bkt
Hi at all,

on my axis GUI I have added a pyvcp panel with jog button ..... works all fine but when press some jog button the select axis go in the right toward at the right velocity but not for all the time during button is pressed..... only for few second.... then I must re-press the button if I want see the axis run again.
I use touch screen on USB. Ubuntu 10.04 and linuxcnc 2.6.

how can I solve this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2015 06:33 #58460 by andypugh
Jogging with a touch screen is an idea that frightens me. I really can't see that it is a good idea. Especially Via USB and user-space which might just forget to stop jogging.

More
07 May 2015 14:35 #58467 by bkt
obviously I do not understand what you say or I expressed myself badly. How do you then with gmoccapy? even there the jog is user-space and probably touch-screen via USB (buttons X- / X +) .... it is different?

More
07 May 2015 19:53 #58480 by andypugh

How do you then with gmoccapy? even there the jog is user-space and probably touch-screen via USB (buttons X- / X +) .... it is different?

No, Gmoccapy has the same potential problem.
I use Touchy for my mill, which requires physical buttons for jogging and program start.

More
07 May 2015 23:34 #58488 by bkt
I understand. this issue is not possible to solve without modify USB touch drive.

I think is the better choice implement mod bus and use PLC in/out for phisical pushbutton. or use mesa card with optional in out.....

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds