Axis

More
08 May 2015 15:12 #58506 by KenC
Axis was created by KenC
Is there anyway we can make the left penal disappear? and replace it with our custom Pyvcp penal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2015 23:07 - 08 May 2015 23:09 #58511 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Axis
N o t w i t h o u t r e w r i t i n g A x i s B)
Last edit: 08 May 2015 23:09 by ArcEye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KenC

More
09 May 2015 10:14 #58519 by KenC
Replied by KenC on topic Axis
I'm not really good at this coding stuff; Started off with Axis because its the most popular for beginners like me. and there are plenty examples which I could follow. The examples allowed me to customizations such as zero-touch off and adding jogging button on the screen even when I clearly didn't know what I was doing.
Played with gmoccapy-plasma, JT's Axis Plasma, had a go at simple buttons with PyVCP. and doing some reading up on GladeVCP and other fui stuff. without much understanding.
I really don't have the confident to tweak the gmoccapy, even though I like the display a lot.
I am comfortable following JT's plasma Axis gui and just started to feel good about what I had achieved.
It is also clear to me that a fully customized gui is way beyond me. The best I could is to add some buttons on the display and/or re-arrange what already on the screem.
Do you have any recommendation which GUI allow this sort of tinkering?

More
09 May 2015 18:43 #58520 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Axis
None of the GUI's allow you to change the base GUI, only to add to it with PyVCP or GladeVCP or ngcgui. If your wanting to create a totally custom GUI then you have to program it. I have some tutorials that get you started down that path.

JT

More
10 May 2015 10:46 #58529 by KenC

None of the GUI's allow you to change the base GUI, only to add to it with PyVCP or GladeVCP or ngcgui.

I've been digging the wrong end again... Not I can waste my time digging this path.

If your wanting to create a totally custom GUI then you have to program it. I have some tutorials that get you started down that path.

I wouldn't say I want a totally custom GUI, just to remove/hide a few unnecessary buttons here and there to free up premium real estate.
I browsed you tutorials and examples in my search to change the base GUI, now I will focus my effort on your tutorials.

Really appreciated your work. your works are my main references. Thousand thanks.

More
11 May 2015 03:59 #58545 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Axis
Hallo ken,

to mofify gmoccapy, just open /usr/share/gmoccapy/gmoccapy.glade with the glade editor.

Move around widgets with the mouse, set the visibility to false to hide them, and you are done.
Just do not rename or delete stuff!

Norbert

P.S. or just make a screenshot and modify it with your favorite Grafik program, post the rssult in a new thread and ask for help.

More
11 May 2015 22:45 #58563 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Axis

None of the GUI's allow you to change the base GUI,

I don't think that is necessarily true. Gscreen was designed to be editable with the Glade tool, and I think that the same is true of Gmoccapy.

More
11 May 2015 23:08 #58566 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Axis
Just don't use the wrong Glade tool... 2 vs 3.

JT

More
12 May 2015 10:28 - 12 May 2015 10:33 #58584 by KenC
I'm aware that GladeVCP uses Glade2.
Not sure about GScreen.

I don't exactly have much emotional attachment to any meants to meet my needs.

Did a quick browse at GScreen. Interesting.
It will involve python coding...
I really don't mind expending effort into learning up new skills.

As you can see by now, I have to learn almost everything from scratch...
I've been digging the wrong ends too often. Its really frustrating... Would most appropriate if you gurus could point me a clear path.
Last edit: 12 May 2015 10:33 by KenC.

More
12 May 2015 16:28 #58589 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Axis

Did a quick browse at GScreen. Interesting.
It will involve python coding...
I really don't mind expending effort into learning up new skills..

It might not involve coding if all you want to do is hide existing UI elements and move things around in the display.
The GladeVCP buttons and displays interact direct with HAL pins so don't necessarily need coding. But it is nice that you _can_ have code doing things in the background. As an example I like to add unit conversion to my numerical entry boxes, so that if I type "1 space 1 slash 16 i n" I automatically get 26.988 in the box.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds