Can you map a custom MDI to a keyboard shortcut?

More
17 May 2015 22:06 #58792 by toddgrundman
Thanks!!

Ok. Got it. Didn't realize it would be gcode of o100 call. I was trying to issue it with "#" figuring it was a halcmd. Still learning....

My only issue is that once I suue the command using the user keys, I can not stop it. Not by "escape" or E-stop. I have minimized the risk by setting the sub routine to fail pretty quickly if it doesn't find the touch off plate. Is there any way to get escape to work? It works if I run it in the mdi tab it works, just not using the user keys.

A successful weekend. A new 16 button pendant that even works to set my z, and a second parallel port setup to handle a relay to turn the spindle on.

Again, thanks a ton for your help and patience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2015 22:44 #58795 by BigJohnT
You might try adding a program stop button to your pendant.

JT

More
17 May 2015 22:58 #58796 by ArcEye

My only issue is that once I suue the command using the user keys, I can not stop it. Not by "escape" or E-stop.

It uses the send_mdi_command() function in Axis that all the other commands go through, so Esc should work as long as Axis has focus when it is issued.

If the Escape key on your pendant does not work, that is another matter, see if the main keyboard works.

I have an EStop button on my pendant, not really safe without it.

More
18 May 2015 00:08 #58799 by toddgrundman
If I start it via the MDI tab, estop and escape both work on the pendant and the keyboard. If I run it via the user keys neither the keyboard or pendant are able to stop it with either the Escape or estop. If hit during the program, it executes them as soon as the program is finished.

I have not tried a program stop button yet.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds