hal_manualtoolch. Radius to end of arc differs...

More
14 Aug 2015 18:51 #61399 by altihu
Hi,

i have got a problem with the manual tool change. if a tool change command comes up in the g-code programm
a dialog appears "insert tool Nr. xx - continue". i want to move the xyz axis during the tool change, touch z to the surface -
then i want to continue (needed in my machine setup, see below). by the default hal_manualtoolchange this ist not possible (right?)
so i changed the script to the modified version found here:

linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/attachments/17...anualtoolchange2.zip

now i can move xyz as i want, touch of z etc. - but if i press the continue button linuxcnc stops with:

"Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start:
start=(X385.5000,Y81.4919)
center=(X210.0000,Y81.4919)
end=(X122.2500,Y60.0125)r1=175.5000
r2=90.3406 abs_err=85.16 rel_err=48.5239%"

for me as an beginner in linuxcnc, i thougt that the macro should move back the xyz to the original tool change
position, with respect to the new z touch off and continues. for me it looks like that this does not work - and thats why the
error comes up. but why ?

my tap holder does not have a mechanical end postion, so i cant use the tool table - i have to re-setup z after
a tool change and i have no i/o port left vor a tool length sensor.

i am using linuxcnc 2.5.0, the g-code is generated by cambam plus 0.9.8.

tnx four your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2015 02:54 #61418 by andypugh
It sounds like your toolchange is immediately before an arc move, and the manual touch-off isn't returning to a valid start-point for the arc.

Do you still get that message if you jog back to _exactly_ the position that the XY axes were in before the toolchange?

If you update to the latest LinuxCNC (which you can do _without_ upgrading the OS) then you have the option to do touch-off automatically:

There is a demo config of that here: git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...a5c44a3252492ad5d54e

More
16 Oct 2015 21:52 #63829 by RayJr
I have had this problem when there was an 'x' or 'y' offset entry in the tool table.
To find it, you need to open the tool table with a text editor, like gedit. Look for any entries other than 'z' and diameter and delete them (unless you need them for something).

Ray

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it"

Albert Einstein

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds