How to link HAL signal to AXIS +/- jog

More
05 Nov 2016 01:14 #82471 by leolivar
Hello,

I am currently trying to figure out away to access the pin to the + and - from the AXIS UI. I am wanting to link buttons, a joystick and a jog wheel to the controls on the UI, but I am unable to find the pins to link my signals to. Attached below are pictures of what I want to control and the external controls I want to link.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2016 10:09 - 05 Nov 2016 10:09 #82484 by andypugh
You can't activate the Axis UI from external physical controls. This isn't a disadvantage, as it means that the hardware controls are handled entirely in the realtime layer without passing through the less-reliable GUI layer.

The AXIS GUI exports HAL pins that report the currently selected jogging axis and increment. You can choose to use these pins or not, as the mood takes you.

I see you have a jog-wheel _and_ a joystick. Is the joystick a switch or proportional?

You need to connect the jog-wheel to a quadrature counter to convert clicks to a number in HAL. To advise on how to do that we need to know what interface hardware you are using.

There is an example here of connecting a jog-wheel using the parallel port
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/mpg.html

You will see that it uses parallel port inputs to select the active axis, which would be connected to a elector switch:
To select axes from the GUI rather than a switch you would change
net mpg-x axis.0.jog-enable <= parport.1.pin-04-in
net mpg-y axis.1.jog-enable <= parport.1.pin-05-in
net mpg-z axis.2.jog-enable <= parport.1.pin-06-in

to
net mpg-x axis.0.jog-enable <= axisui.jog.x
net mpg-y axis.1.jog-enable <= axisui.jog.y
net mpg-z axis.2.jog-enable <= axisui.jog.z
Last edit: 05 Nov 2016 10:09 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds