axis bottom status bar off screen / window too tall

More
25 Nov 2016 18:33 - 25 Nov 2016 19:34 #83306 by gmouer
I have a 22 inch monitor (running 1680x1050) and a fresh install from the live cd. I applied all the updates and Lcnc is now at 2.7.8 Linuxcnc launches with the axis window too tall for the monitor display area, cutting off the bottom status line display (estop/machine on etc). This is true if I launch in full screen or default size. The top black bar of the axis window is flushed top as it should be.

I checked several other applications such as libre writer, mousepad, and others, they do anot run off the display area on the bottom as axis does. The desktop menu bars are also positioned correctly. Its only Linuxcnc with axis that does this.

I have not found a way to alter the default window size for axis (other than specifying it start full screen via pncconf). Again, this problem with the window height exceeding the screen area only exists with axis, no other applications nor the desktop.

The monitor does not have provisions itself for changing the screen display height, besides this would also affect all the other apps that display properly anyways.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
George
Last edit: 25 Nov 2016 19:34 by gmouer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2016 10:37 #83333 by tommylight
Already replied in the other thread.
If you have the monitor attached through DVI or HDMI you can not adjust anything except the brightness/contrast/colors,
only through VGA it is possible to adjust height/width etc. But do not bother changing cables, it will not help in your case.
Check the other thread for more info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds