Getting AXIS to load the rightoom Gui panel hand Cust

More
06 Mar 2017 19:00 #89098 by Tree_325
I have a problem with the -X axis travel. I tried all different hardware. PC So I changed the and installed new software 2.7.8.
I have a main ha land ini file a*.xml and postgui Hal files all which worked on the old system. The new system halts
telling me that the signal I am going to use on the Axis panel does not exist. I put

net spindle-at-speed => pyvcp.spindle-at-speed in the pyvcp_options.hal file

spindle-at-speed is used in the *.xml to control a LED
spindle-at-speed is assigned to an input on the Mesa 7i77 which comes from the VFD for the spindle motor

If I comment out the first signal I get an error saying that the second signal does not exist.

I have checked that all the Hal files exist the xml file exists. It looks like the Post Gui file is loading befor
e the main hal file is loaded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2017 13:58 #89135 by andypugh

. It looks like the Post Gui file is loading befor
e the main hal file is loaded.

You can check for this by putting something like "show pin motion.spindle-on" at the end of the main HAL file, then see where that appears in the sequence when starting LinuxCNC from the command line.

More
07 Mar 2017 18:57 #89150 by Tree_325
After adding the line to the to the main hal file and executing the main program the debug window displayed "pyvcp_options.hal pin '<hm2_5i55.0.7i77.output 10 does not exist. Of course the main hal file contains net spindle-on => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.output 10.

I am having a problem with the x axis motion in the x minus direction. This is why I installed a new release of Linux.
When I installed the new version I used the configuration wizard. For my machine I used the Mesa 5i55 with 2 7i77 using 1 7i77 daughter boards. The wizard prepaired the tabs which had 1/2 of the i/o ports missing. I didn't see that as a major problem since I just added them into the main hal file. Is the fact that the wizard was missing the ports the source of this problem?

More
07 Mar 2017 19:36 #89155 by andypugh

After adding the line to the to the main hal file and executing the main program the debug window displayed "pyvcp_options.hal pin '<hm2_5i55.0.7i77.output 10 does not exist.

If that is what it actually says then three things are wrong.

1) < is not a valid character, you need <=, => or <=>. Nothing else.
2) The card is 5i25 not 5i55
3) The pin index is separated by a "-", ie hm2_5i25.0.7i77.output-10 (and might well be 3 digits, eg 010)

More
10 Mar 2017 22:30 #89379 by Tree_325
I apologize for poor typing which lead to you response. I attached the files associated with the Axis panel, I hope this can shed some light on this problem.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom.hal
File Size:0 KB
[attachment=9

File Attachment:

File Name: Debug-Copy.txt
File Size:56 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Tree_Journ...3-10.ini
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: postgui_call_list.hal

File Attachment:

File Name: custom.hal

File Attachment:

File Name: pyvcp_options.hal

File Attachment:

File Name: pyvcp_panel.xml
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: shutdown.hal

File Attachment:

File Name: Tree_Journ...3-10.hal
File Size:12 KB
901]custom.hal[/attachment]

More
11 Mar 2017 02:24 #89394 by Tree_325
I should have included an explanation to the files I uploaded. I ran the Mesa setup wizard again and the invalid signals went away. Now when I start the cnc application it halt saying the pyvcp_options.hal file can be found see debug.txt. All the associated file are included.

More
11 Mar 2017 12:42 #89413 by andypugh
As a first step you could try commenting out the section in the INI [HAL] section that calls that file.
If it works then, see why it can't find the file in question. It should be in the same folder as the INI and other files.

More
14 Mar 2017 16:43 #89602 by Tree_325
I have fixed the problem. The major part of the problem I caused by specifying in the Mesa Configuration Wizard to load a custom in the GUI.
I reran the wizaed and chose Blank GUI along with Axis and that cleared up most of the problem. I fixed the *.hal and Xml files and all was well.The new release also fixed my problem with the X axis, no more stopping and going in the -X direction.
Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds