Cursor keys in MDI Commands

More
05 Aug 2017 12:45 #97025 by Nebur
Are the cursor keys (<-, ->) supposed to work in the MDI command field in version 2.7.11?
They don't in my case and it's beyond frustrating! Help on how to enable them would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2017 15:21 #97180 by andypugh
Did they work previously?
I can't see any obvious changes since 2.6 in this area:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.7/sr...cripts/axis.py#L2793
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nebur

More
12 Aug 2017 11:31 #97364 by Nebur
Replied by Nebur on topic Cursor keys in MDI Commands
Thank you for the hint. I will look into it.
Meanwhile I found out that it works using the official iso image, so it must be specific to my configuration.
I didn't detail my setup: I've built my own 2.7.11 debs from code for simulation and installed them on a regular (=non realtime) dev machine with Mint 18.2 KDE x64. The idea is to develop some glade/python tools I require in a nice familiar environment. It's surprisingly easy to use pycharm with intellisense, code navigation, debugging, watches etc. including the linuxcnc modules and even axis. Everything seems to work fine but the damn cursor movement in the mdi text field - I will find out, now that I know where to look.
Thanks again.

More
12 Aug 2017 11:36 #97365 by andypugh
I tried the cursor keys in MDI in version 2.6 and the latest dev version and on that system (which is VM running on a Mac) the cursor keys don't work in any version.

So, if they work on anything I have a feeling it's behaviour differences outside of LinuxCNC

More
12 Aug 2017 13:21 #97373 by Nebur
I never used 2.6. I'm still using 2.5 on the actual cnc machines, so I really can't report on any other version but 2.7.11 regarding this odd effect.
Both 2.7.11 tests (with my debs from source and the iso install) are in VMs. One works the other doesn't but also the VMWare tools I used are different versions. It might have to do with it. Will report back if I find a solution.

More
13 Aug 2017 06:38 #97404 by phillc54
It looks like this issue:
< github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/28 >

More
13 Aug 2017 09:23 - 13 Aug 2017 09:23 #97408 by Nebur

It looks like this issue:
< github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/28 >

Similar but not exactly the same - in my case clicking the text field doesn't help. The horizontal cursor keys are completely out of order for mdi.
Last edit: 13 Aug 2017 09:23 by Nebur.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds