user shared widgets?

More
16 Jun 2011 20:25 #10589 by alexr
user shared widgets? was created by alexr
hey guys

just wondering if there is a repository of user made and shared pyvcp widgets anywhere?

the reason I ask is because some one might have already made what i am looking for ( after all this is an open source project)

what i am looking for is a stand alone (with dro's) or built in widget that allows for XYZ coordinated measurements to be entered in manually instead of those annoying and unaccurate slide bars on the standard emc2 GUI .

even better... if you know a already built in solution please send a reply

thanx in advance

alexr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2011 05:38 #10594 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:user shared widgets?
there is a spot in the wiki for that:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Con...nel_pyvcp_and_halvcp
But there are no samples to speak of there.
What GUI Are you talking of? AXIS?

More
17 Jun 2011 08:36 #10596 by alexr
Replied by alexr on topic Re:user shared widgets?
Hi

Yeah I was speaking about the basic axis GUI.

You pretty well answered my question. thanks!

Its alright i will give this a go myself and make a new and improved GUI and Share it.

I want to:

(1) add an input box for jogging each axis. "goto co-ordinates" instead of click and hold to approx position.

this allows me to use my wiggler and move to point exactly! as I do not have home switches, only limit switches. this will make better use of my pre-drilled home points.

(2) Remove the slide bars for over drive, drive speed and acceleration to display values and input boxes.

So I can set exact speeds not forced to use unusable fractions. I can do without having to make multiple setups! This is a huge pain in the arse when I change driver resolution from full step to do finishing tasks!

if you know a better solution "im listening"

alexr

More
17 Jun 2011 12:03 #10598 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:user shared widgets?
You can do all that now in the MDI tab of Axis.

When you find the edge with your wiggler or edge finder as we call it, you just touch off the axis and enter the offset.

If you have limit switches you can use them for homing too.

Not sure why you change driver resolution during a job...

It does sound like your trying to run your machine as a manual machine and not a CNC machine with g code.

John

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds