Passing a value in a spinbox to GCode command

More
18 Jul 2011 01:40 #11591 by mhaberler
you might try to grind that cat differently

pull master, and take the MDI Command action in a gladevcp panel. There's an example in the gladevcp docs to do this.

While that builds, have a look at the docs here: emc.mah.priv.at/docs-gladevcp/html/gui/g...an_o_word_subroutine

-Michael

ps: (this is a work-in-progress link and might change)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2011 01:51 - 18 Jul 2011 01:58 #11592 by mhaberler
I have just tried your example, with master and v2.5_branch, and it works fine for me (simulator mode, but fairly sure it should work fine on rt)

You might try a recent buildbot build from here: buildbot.linuxcnc.org/

-Michael
Last edit: 18 Jul 2011 01:58 by mhaberler.

More
18 Jul 2011 09:46 #11595 by Rick G
What version of EMC are you running? 2.5?
There were problems with subs on some of the earlier versions.

Rick G

More
18 Jul 2011 16:11 #11603 by photomankc
Sorry, that should have been in the posts. I'm on 2.4.6 which was the last build that came through the auto-update system on Ubuntu.

I'm assuming that there must be some sort of bug here because it only goes bad when called as a subroutine. In every other situation it works a peach.

More
18 Jul 2011 16:19 #11604 by psha
It was fixed in 2.5
2.4 series does not allow calling M66 and lot of other codes from O-subs in MDI mode

More
18 Jul 2011 16:58 #11607 by photomankc
LOL! Nothing like chasing your tail.

Well, it was a neat idea. I changed the interface last night and setup buttons for the 4 corners I can touch to with the common +/-0.100" offset hard coded. The back-left is then shared with my Logitech pendant buttons. That's the most common touch off scenario for me. I added buttons to zero X,Y, and Z in place as well for zeroing on a bore or hole. I have a couple spin boxes to set that offset later when I go to 2.5

I'd be a little nervous to use the development release although I expect it's probably fairly stable now. If you guys think that it's pretty safe then I guess I could go on and setup apt-get to pull that one. I just got my pyVCP implementation working so I'm not exactly aching to change that all up now.

More
18 Jul 2011 17:06 #11608 by andypugh
photomankc wrote:

I'd be a little nervous to use the development release although I expect it's probably fairly stable now.

2.5 is close to release, 2.6 is the new bleeding-edge version. I have been using 2.5 for several months, and it is just as stable as 2.4, but with extra features.

More
18 Jul 2011 17:10 #11609 by photomankc
Cool. I'll go on then and pull 2.5. Any gotchas or is just simply adding it to the config and apt-get? Do you need to upgrade anything else in Ubuntu to get there?

More
18 Jul 2011 17:19 #11610 by andypugh
photomankc wrote:

Do you need to upgrade anything else in Ubuntu to get there?

Not that I am aware of. I am running 2.5 on what started off as a 2.3 live-CD install. However, I did compile it there, as I tinker with a bit of emc2 development.

More
18 Jul 2011 22:54 #11622 by Rick G
I too went from 2.3 to 2.5 with no problem, for the same reason you may need to.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds