sticky buttons

More
21 Mar 2013 08:26 - 21 Mar 2013 08:26 #31656 by beltramidave
sticky buttons was created by beltramidave
I have copied the example pyVCP to add jogging and homing buttons to the right side of my Axis panel. While they work great with a mouse, I am using a touch panel and I am having trouble with the buttons staying on because the cursor still has focus on the button after 'releasing' it.

The same thing happens when using the smaller 'default' jogging buttons on the left side. Is there a way to prevent this?

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_postgui.hal
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_pyvcp.xml
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Mar 2013 08:26 by beltramidave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2013 20:10 #31674 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic sticky buttons

I am using a touch panel and I am having trouble with the buttons staying on because the cursor still has focus on the button after 'releasing' it.]

This sounds like a touch driver or Ubuntu setting.
it's not something I have ever seen, in fact my touchscreen lets "lets go" of any button after 3 seconds.

More
21 Mar 2013 21:48 #31680 by beltramidave
Replied by beltramidave on topic sticky buttons
Andy,
I have rechecked the touch panel settings this morning and I don't see anything that sets any time values for button presses other than 50msec for the on time. I am using a Elo touch panel and using their usb driver for Ubuntu. I have looked in Ubuntu for somekind of setting, but not being overly familiar yet with Ubuntu, I have not found anything.
I may have to check with Elo tech support and see if they have any ideas.

More
22 Mar 2013 05:56 #31698 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic sticky buttons
I used the EvTouch drivers with my ELO and don't have that problem. I've not had any free time to try your pyvcp panel on my touch screen today... darn customers.

John

More
30 Apr 2013 23:15 #33457 by beltramidave
Replied by beltramidave on topic sticky buttons
John,

Can you share your EVtouch config file for your ELO 1515L? I have followed the directions to install the driver (sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evtouch) and have created a config file (sudo nano /usr/lib/Xll/xorg.conf.d/69-evtouch.conf) but am unsure what to put into it. Since you already have yours configured, I was hoping you could share it with me.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds