Auto Z Position with EMC2 and Axis?

More
11 Oct 2009 01:21 #950 by BigJohnT
True automagic tool and work offsets require a way to sense the tool lenght and the material height. I'm guessing that you don't have tool holders but rather have to loosen a collet nut and replace the tool with another one and end up with some random tool offset each time. In that case you are better off splitting up your program into seperate files one for each tool so you can use the pin method each time you change tools.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2009 02:15 #951 by NeilR
Yes. Thats what ill do. Thank you John

More
20 Oct 2009 03:18 #1001 by BMG
I haven't done it yet, but one way I recall is using a piece of al flat stock of known thickness. Connect an alligator clip to the tool ( not spinning of course) and one to the flat stock. move Z down at a very slow rate until your "NO Switch" closes. The software then triggers a limit and you reset the Z height to the thickness of the flat stock.

I too intend to do this but have not got round toit. Heat in the house is more important at the moment.

Brian

More
20 Oct 2009 03:56 #1003 by NeilR
HI Brian, thanks for your comment. I sort of do that now except im using a buzzer.
Good luck with keeping warm. We have the opposite here in the southern hem. Warming up nicely.
Neil

More
15 Mar 2010 15:58 #2312 by eslavko
BigJohnT wrote:

True automagic tool and work offsets require a way to sense the tool lenght and the material height. I'm guessing that you don't have tool holders but rather have to loosen a collet nut and replace the tool with another one and end up with some random tool offset each time. In that case you are better off splitting up your program into seperate files one for each tool so you can use the pin method each time you change tools.

John

I like pin method to adjust height of tool. I change tool as you said. But how to do that? I can do for 1'st tool in file. How to do for second tool? Spliting file is just not practical.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds