M101 again

More
19 Mar 2010 11:07 #2366 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:M101 again
Tim,

If you want to directly manipulate a parallel port pin you need to make sure that it has not been assigned to anything in your configuration. I beleive in EMC there can be one source only. If you have assigned pin 14 then you may want to try to manipulate it's source.
Or check your configuration to make sure that pin 14 is not assigned. You can also look in hal to see if it is assigned. Try it with pin 14 unassigned. It sounds like you are very close.

Rick G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2010 12:04 #2368 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:M101 again
I can understand your frustration. When your in a hurry to make production the simplest mistakes will always trip you up.

Back to Does Your Pin 14 turn on the collet closer?

First you can't have pin 14 connected to a signal when you try and setp (set pin).

Take a look at the image...

imagebin.ca/view/LL6d8jw.html

if you see "parport.0.pin-14-out <= some-signal-name" in the HAL Configuration Show Tab then you can't set that pin with setp.

So if you can type just as shown in the image and make the pin 14 go on and off and your collet closer opens and closes then you know that part works.

It's hard to tell what your doing where with "I have tried all of the others with no luck." You need more than luck when dealing with a CNC machine.

Now to the M1nn file...
If the first line in your M1nn file is not:
#!/bin/bash
or
#!/bin/sh

it won't work. and btw I just learned that sh is more universal.

If the M1nn file is not in the nc_files directory it won't work unless you changed your ini file.

Sometimes you need to back up and read the manual again after gaining some experiance.

John

More
19 Mar 2010 12:05 #2369 by BigJohnT
LOL, Rick types faster than me...

John

More
20 Mar 2010 02:09 #2378 by Timbob
Replied by Timbob on topic Re:M101 again
Hal...elujah ! I'll be kicking out Wolfsnouts all weekend. I figured it was something simple but not that simple. I tried assigning every thing there was to those pins except (unused) Now after all of the studying I did it makes perfect sense. I learned alot of things I might not have otherwise though.
I can't thank you guys enough for your patience and help.
Thanks again Tim

More
20 Mar 2010 11:19 #2385 by BigJohnT
YEA! I can't wait for the movie of it in action.

John

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds