Pokeys

More
08 Aug 2017 01:10 #97151 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Pokeys
did
cp PokeysLib.h /usr/include
work?

I would probably expect that to need a sudo.

Is the file actually there?

(do you know what cp does? It is hard to know what to assume and what not to assume)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2017 01:21 #97153 by juanelo1221
Replied by juanelo1221 on topic Pokeys
This is the file PokeysLib.h on /usr/include

File Attachment:

File Name: PoKeysLib.h
File Size:58 KB

How can I be sure it work?

Thank you.
Attachments:

More
08 Aug 2017 01:29 #97154 by andypugh
If it is there, it should work
If you open the file with a text editor, does it contain the function definitions that the compiler is saying that it can't find?
(It may be a different library that is missing)

More
08 Aug 2017 02:13 #97155 by juanelo1221
Could be the problem the version of Linux CNC?

Thank you so much.

More
08 Aug 2017 09:20 #97166 by andypugh
Probably not, but if youa re using a LinuxCNC version that still uses "comp" rather than "halcompile" then I would strongly encourage upgrading anyway.
Instructions here: linuxcnc.org/docs/html/getting-started/updating-linuxcnc.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: juanelo1221

More
08 Aug 2017 17:39 #97195 by fixer
Replied by fixer on topic Pokeys
follow the instructions in first post carefully.
1. use hacompile without! install option. This will only generate pokeys.comp file.
2. then compile pokeys.comp with gcc
The following user(s) said Thank You: juanelo1221

More
09 Aug 2017 16:42 #97244 by juanelo1221
Ok,I think I've got it!
Yesterday I was testing the system. thinking first in the update I moved my debian wheezy to debian jessi and afterwards tried to update linuxcnc.Everything seemed right until I tried to open my-mill then a linuxcnc error appeared. I thought the issue was because I had created the file in the older version so I created a new one but had no success. Desperate and a little upset I made an afresh installation of debian wheezy, I updated cnclinux and was able to open up the file.
I went back to do all the steps Fixer stated from page 1 and connected the Pokeys in windows to know the serial number. In the file my-mill.hall I wrote loadusr pokeys, ran the linuxcnc and was now able to see the pins. I shut down linuxcnc and now in my-mill.hall I wrote pokeys.0.devSerial 66258 save file and try to open linuxcnc send me an error:
Debug file information:
./my-mill.hal:7: parameter or pin 'pokeys.0.devSerial' not found

I change the code loadusr pokeys and pokeys.0.devSerial to custom.hal and show me an error, if I put the loadusr pokeys in my-mill.hal and pokeys.0.devSerial66258 in custom.hal linuxcnc run fine, and pokeys.0.err are false and pokeys.0.alive start blinking. Is this procedure correct?

I tried to use estop with pokeys to test but i did not get it work, in custom.hal I wrote net estop-ext <= pokeys.0.in-52 it dont send me errors and in HAL configuration the pin 52 show :
Owner Type Dir Value Name
7 bit OUT FALSE pokeys.0.in-52 ==>estop-ext

Thank you so much for your help, have a nice day.

More
09 Aug 2017 17:16 #97247 by fixer
Replied by fixer on topic Pokeys
I dont understand you well, but if .alive is blinking, then the communication works and you should get values from pins to HAL.
Check Pokeys pin configuration in Windows if you have trouble.

More
13 Apr 2018 01:44 #108923 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic Pokeys
Hello, I have followed the instructions on the very first page of this topic and have had success until i tried to compile with the gcc compiler using the following commands

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ gcc -Wall -Os -g -I. -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0 -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib/ -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ -lPoKeys -lusb-1.0 -I/usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/include -I. -I/usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/include -I/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -fno-math-errno -funsafe-math-optimizations -fno-rounding-math -fno-signaling-nans -fcx-limited-range -mhard-float -DRTAI=3 -fno-fast-math -mieee-fp -fno-unsafe-math-optimizations -DRTAPI -D_GNU_SOURCE -Drealtime -D__MODULE__ -I/usr/include/linuxcnc -Wframe-larger-than=2560 -URTAPI -U__MODULE__ -DULAPI -Os -o pokeys ./pokeys.c -Wl,-rpath,/lib -L/lib -llinuxcnchalth
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mieee-fp’

the very last line above I am getting a gcc error, any ideas what is causing it and how to get it working. thanks

More
13 Apr 2018 12:20 #108940 by andypugh
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=588960

Leads me to believe that the answer might be to leave out that modifier in your architecture.

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds