XHC-HB04 Issues.. HAL related

More
14 Jun 2016 01:16 - 14 Jun 2016 02:44 #75951 by JZHA1985
I've spent two hours fiddling. It appears HALUI = halui is active, however, for some reason I get the error halui.home-all along with errors related to "connected lost, cleaning up" after it found the device. For some reason XFCE in the 2.7 distro won't let me copy paste the text, and so I'm hoping perhaps somebody here knows this issue off the cuff. I have the right USB based device, and in theory this should work but it is not. When I cut apart the HAL file I can get the LCD DRO to work, but regardless I can't get anything else.
I'm suspecting it's something with HAL, but I use LinuxCNC and am not knowledgeable per say.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2016 02:44 by JZHA1985.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2016 11:03 #75982 by andypugh
You can get the debug output in a terminal window if you start linuxCNC from the command line.

Just open a terminal and type "linuxcnc". Then the debug output will be somewhere easier to copy from.

The problem might be that the HAL files are loading in the wrong order, you might even need to put the XHC connections in the postgui file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JZHA1985

More
14 Jun 2016 22:07 #76029 by JZHA1985
Andy,
I will definitely do that as I want to get down to the bottom of this, and in the end help others who might have issues.
I'll give that a shot later today, and check back in.
Thanks for the info, and I will see what happens with the easiest which is putting the XHC connection (that line you'd put in the ini I'm guessing) into the postgui then.

~Josh

More
15 Jun 2016 23:34 - 16 Jun 2016 02:27 #76125 by JZHA1985
I tried to go the terminal route but after a while I surmised two screenshots may suffice.
It seems post gui didn't work, and my random tinkering didn't cut it. However, the example HAL application works, and I see input on the terminal.. I gave it a whirl on another computer with a fresh install, and other tinkering. I am obviously not experience, but I did spend several hours on it, and have tried to give it my best.

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jun 2016 02:27 by JZHA1985.

More
16 Jun 2016 11:25 #76148 by andypugh
axis.0.jog-enable is created by motion, and motion will normally be the very first module loaded.

So, it looks like your INI file has the xhc-hb04,hal file loading before the HAL file that loads the motion module.

Put xhc-hb04.hal last in the list. in the in INI file [HAL] section.

More
08 Jul 2016 08:14 #77171 by JZHA1985
Hmm I still have an issue. Does anyone have a particular distro of linuxcnc and so forth that's shown to work? I suspect if I start with a working situation then at least I can go from there.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds