Manual tool change button

More
23 Nov 2016 20:57 #83194 by Todd Zuercher

I do have loadrt and2 count=1 in another hal file (ppmc_load.hal) I am going to try changing it there to see if I can make it happy. I am starting to think just going to the ATC would have not been that much harder.

If you already have an and2 count=... in another hal file that is your problem. You need to think of multiple hal files as if they were one big one. Which ever hal file is read first needs to loadrt all the counts of that component. Your addf lines will number from 0, any more that are added later will start the next number and so on. The addf lines can be added in later hal files or all at once in the first file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2016 21:22 - 23 Nov 2016 21:23 #83195 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Manual tool change button
Yes, you have to load all the instances of a particular type of component at the same time.
So the simplest thing to do is to loadrt them all in the first HAL file and change the count= there.

There is a way round this using "Two-Pass" and giving them all names.

To avoid changing the HAL files elsewhere you could change the existing loadrt and2 to
loadrt and2 names=and2.0

Then in another HAL file you could have
loadrt and2 names=tool-change-and2-component
addf tool-change-and2-component     servo-thread
net button-in ppmc.0.dio-01 => tool-change-and2-component.in0
Last edit: 23 Nov 2016 21:23 by andypugh.

More
23 Nov 2016 21:24 #83196 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Manual tool change button
THANKS TODD!

I will go change that, and see what happens.

I am going to take all may hal files and combine them into one file in Code composer studio to make it easier to find issues and duplicates.

More
06 Jan 2017 18:37 #85353 by Jake
I am back at it again. Finally have spindle running thanks to Jon

Now back to getting tools in and out of the spindle.

When I MDI M6 T1 I get no response at at all. My manual toolchange hal is in the same folder as the rest of my hal files and is in my INI file.

I am still trying to figure out the IO portion for this

When M6 is called, if the spindle-fwd is false, I can push the tool-release button which will make it false, and make release-tool true. My limit switches block the spindle from moving, blocking the spindle amp directly and sending a motion.inhibit signal to the controller.

addf and2.1 servo-thread
addf near.1 servo-thread
#addf lut5 servo-thread
#net spindle-fwd false   lut5   ????
setp near.1.in2 0
setp near.1.difference 2.0
net spindle-stopped near.1.out => and2.1.in0
# RELEASE-BUTTON    DI 32
net release-button  ppmc.0.din.31.in 
# RELEASE-TOOL solenoid        SSR 10
net release-tool ppmc.0.dout.09.out

Thanks for the help!

More
07 Jan 2017 20:00 #85420 by Jake
One more Q

I saw from another post that the manual tool change hal is supposed to be in usr/bin file.

I do not have a usr/bin file. I have the MTC.HAL file in with the rest of my hal files and have in linked in the INI file. When I start LCNC the little tool changer window pops up for a second and goes away. I have loaded a program, and have the one tool change in it. I think that is where that program is hanging. Is there somewhere else I need to make changes for the MTC window to come up for me to confirm the change has been done?

Thanks!

More
09 Jan 2017 01:32 #85496 by Jake
I got it to work!!! In one of the other manual tool change examples I ran across there are 4 lines, where as the manual tool change that is in GIT hub only has three. I dont know if that was the issue or if there was something else I didnt copy right.

I did end up just dumping the manual tool change lines into my IO.hal file

I need to get the interlock to work better. But if I MDI it, it works great. Now I just need to start getting all my offsets in and update my tool list

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds