My first attempt at manual HAL editing - servo fault

More
02 Jan 2017 04:30 - 02 Jan 2017 05:28 #85059 by epineh
Hi all as the title says, I have set up my machine almost completely using Pncconf
I have two things to edit to finish the machine, - limits and homing using combined single input for all axis limits/home and servo fault.

For now I can live with homing only (setting all home/limits in Pncconf doesn't work) as I then have soft limits, but I would really like to bring servo fault into linuxcnc.

I have tried putting this line into my HAL file :

net axis.0.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i43.0.gpio.032.in_not

but get an error saying Signal name 'axis.0.amp-fault-in' must not be the same as a pin. Did you omit the signal name?

I thought I was trying to make the fault link to the pin but obviously am thinking of it wrong.

I am using a 7i43 with SVST4_12 Firmware. Custom servo drives with one fault signal shared for all three axis, I don't mind if it only ever reports axis 0 fault, so long as the machine stops on servo fault.

Hardware works as I switched that pin to an estop and it functioned properly, I would leave it as an estop but Pncconf only allows one physical estop.

I have done a lot of reading but seem to be getting more confused.

Cheers.

Russell.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2017 05:28 by epineh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2017 09:20 - 02 Jan 2017 09:21 #85065 by rodw
I think you need something like this
net axis-fault axis.0.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i43.0.gpio.032.in_not

Where axis-fault is a name of your choice

But I'm still learning too.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2017 09:21 by rodw.

More
02 Jan 2017 10:14 #85066 by epineh
Hi Rod, I was just about to post that I worked it out, and yes you are correct I couldn't link the pin directly and needed a label of some sort so I put these lines in :

#servo fault
net servo fault => hm2_7i43.0.gpio.032.in_not
net servo fault <= axis.0.amp-fault-in

I was also wondering how the machine would respond to a servo fault, as in drop the machine enable, go into estop etc.
For the record it drops the enable which drops servo drive power on my machine (I have an estop and an enable contactor) but also brings an error flag on the screen, which is perfect, machine is de-enabled and I get the fault on screen.

Thanks again for posting and I hope this thread helps others that might have the same issue.

Cheers.

Russell.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds