Servo-thread or base-thread

More
20 Feb 2017 13:45 #88339 by jensor
I am processing output of the step generator which used the base-thread for the step generation. Now if I am inverting the output of via a "not" component, shouldn't the "not" be hooked to the same base thread so the "not" doesn't introduce additional delay? The steps are being used to drive a stepper motor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2017 14:29 #88344 by Todd Zuercher
Yes, but you may not need to use a not. Most of Linuxcnc's hardware interface drivers have a built in means of inverting a signal. For example, with the parallel port driver using the pin "parport.0.pin-1-out-invert" instead of "parport.0.pin-1-out" would invert the signal sent to pin #1.

More
20 Feb 2017 15:43 #88354 by jensor
Replied by jensor on topic Servo-thread or base-thread
When I try to use "parport.0.pin-1-out-invert" in place of "parport.0.pin-1-out" I get an error : pin parport.0.pin-1-out-invert does not exist.

More
20 Feb 2017 16:34 #88357 by Todd Zuercher
I'm sorry, I mislead you. Parport.0.pin-1-out-invert is not a pin, it is a parameter, that inverts the parallel port pin. So you would connect to the parallel port pin as normal using the normal names, and to invert the signal you would add the line "setp parport.0.pin-1-out-invert true" to your hal file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: welsey

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds