Unable to resolve coolant momentary switch issue

More
09 Aug 2017 13:01 #97237 by IIOII
Thank you Todd and all with your help to rectify this problem. Todd's code works perfectly. Wiring is now complete on my system!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2018 18:46 #104807 by OT-CNC
loadrt toggle2nist count=1
loadrt edge count=1
addf toggle2nist.0 servo-thread
addf edge.0 servo-thread

#Seems these need to be here to keep check boxes visible
net coolant-flood  <=  iocontrol.0.coolant-flood

# Coolant switch
net flood-button <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-27 => edge.0.in 
net button-edge <= edge.0.out => toggle2nist.0.in 
net flood-on <= toggle2nist.0.on => halui.flood.on 
net flood-off <= toggle2nist.0.off => halui.flood.off
net flood-control <= halui.flood.is-on => toggle2nist.0.is-on

I copied the above code to my hal file and modified it to reflect my hardware. Thanks for posting it. Coolant button works on my mill now except for after external estop has been triggered.
After clearing estop and cycling power, the coolant button no longer turns on coolant. I have to issue M8 code or click coolant box via mouse first.
The coolant button works fine on initial power up of linuxcnc. I do not have to select coolant first with the mouse or m code.
Is that expected behavior or did I brake something with my external estop loop?

I will try to attach my actual hal file later in case something is broken.

More
23 Jan 2018 22:03 #104922 by IIOII
I checked the functionality on one of my machines. As expected, when the estop is triggered, the coolant shuts off. When the estop is reset and the machine reactivated, the coolant will switch on/off normally by either using M08, the switch I have wired on my control panel or ticking the 'coolant' box.

Seems to suggest that there may be a fault somewhere else in your system.

More
24 Jan 2018 01:09 #104928 by OT-CNC
IIOII,

Thanks for testing it on your machine. I have attached my hal file (work in progress) in case someone has time to look at it.
Attachments:

More
24 Jan 2018 15:11 #104940 by skunkworks
II0II, can I ask why you switched from mach4?

More
29 Jan 2018 11:42 #105152 by IIOII
I actually switched prior to completing the build and using the machines. I made the decision mostly due to having more confidence in the stability of the Linux OS, better optimisation of system resources and less inherent bloatware. In addition I prefer the simpler user interface of Axis. I guess too, I had the choice to either buy two Mach4 licenses or for about the same cash, two Mesa cards.

A few minor things annoy me about the Linux OS which would have been very straight forward to fix in Windows. i.e. I run my screens rotated 90 degrees and the rotation only happens after the log-on screen and although both of machines run identical PCs and hardware, it's only possible to select a low screen resolution on one of the screens. Overall I'm very happy with the performance of LinuxCNC and the decision. The Linuxcnc community support is great too!

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds