Classicladder turret change help

More
17 Oct 2012 12:13 #25402 by LAIR82
Jorge,

QW0 "tur lox" is just a label for meaning turret logic. It is just internal bit logic to allow the logic to work.

As for the actual turret, when we turn the machine on, I home both x and z and then my machine is ready. Linux shows "No Tool" in the bottom display at start, but our nc programs make the tool call at the start of the file anyway, when the call is made the turret does nothing if its already at the right tool, the logic see's that it is the right tool, so it will display the tool and off we go. If it is not the right tool then it will start rotating until it see's the correct state of the appropriate limit switches(BCD1,2,3) and then stops.

And yes, SRT is actually the owner of the business, and my boss, and he is actually who started the conversion a while ago.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2012 19:32 #25447 by jlviloria
Rick Friend,

Can you help me with the PID for siemens servomotors.

The truth I'm lost, I have communication.

but my servomotos, have vibration, oscilate, and are very hot.

please tell me a bit as it was a process, and some tips to do it the right way.

Thank you.

More
19 Oct 2012 20:06 - 19 Oct 2012 20:29 #25449 by LAIR82
It was a lot of trial and error for me. I think its kind of a black art to do it properly.

Anyway, here is a link,

gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/tuning/servo.html

to a tutorial that BigJohn made, it helped me out alot. I its a lot of time with the halscope and calibration screen in the axis/machine dropdown window.

I started with FF1 at 1, FF0, FF2, I, and D at 0 and then gradually increase P(small increments to start with till your comfortable). I started with incrementing by something like 5 at a time and it went from a little hum to I thought the ballscrew shot out of the slide it jerked so bad.

I will go thru my notes and such monday and send you some more detail on my setup. I'm on mental overload from the whole remap whirlwind I put myself into this week.

Thanks
Last edit: 19 Oct 2012 20:29 by LAIR82.

More
20 Oct 2012 02:32 #25469 by jlviloria
Rick, thanks for your response.

I imagine the mental load, if it's me I am just starting out and I have a long drive to get there and I've lost a few kilos and some hair.

Friend only to cheer up a bit.

when you started your servomotor PID set, you had vibration, overheating, oscillation.

You had to tune the velocity loop of the servo drive???

not much of servomotors, but when energized the actuator is a buzzing, vibration. think you have something connected wrong.

thanks,

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds