3. Tool-magazine go down.
4. Unlock tool.
5. Go to y=205.
6. Rotate magazine for new tool.
7. Go to y=160.
8. Lock tool.
9. Tool-magazine go up.
10. Disorient spindle.

Now i am trying to animate it with Classic Ladder, and the first question is in points 1,5,7 - how to perform movement to exact machine coordinates while process of tool changing (betwen iocontrol.0.tool-change -> iocontrol.0.tool-changed)?

I already try MDI_COMMAND = G0 G53 Y205 in .hal-file by executing halui.mdi-command-00, but it works only when iocontrol.0.tool-change is not started (for example when i start my process with pyvcb button in "hands" mdi-mode).

What is the right way for such type movements??
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 08:32 by machete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2012 08:44 - 27 Dec 2012 08:46 #28070 by BigJohnT
I think you might want to visit the tool change remapping that is in master.

Impressive tool changer! I can't wait for the video...

John
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 08:46 by BigJohnT.

More
27 Dec 2012 17:28 #28080 by machete

Looks like i have to implement all tool changing process in phyton, but it's too complicated for me, and i almost finish program for tool changer in Classic Ladder.

Is it somehow possible to control movement of axis by Classic Ladder (i.e. by sending hal-comands? Or maybe i can execute pyton scripts, by sending hal-commands from CL?)

More
27 Dec 2012 19:36 - 27 Dec 2012 19:38 #28082 by BigJohnT

Looks like i have to implement all tool changing process in phyton, but it's too complicated for me, and i almost finish program for tool changer in Classic Ladder.

Is it somehow possible to control movement of axis by Classic Ladder (i.e. by sending hal-comands? Or maybe i can execute pyton scripts, by sending hal-commands from CL?)

I'm not aware of any way to move an axis via classicladder. It might be possible to write a comp and use a hal pin to hijack the Y axis and move it in and out. Take a look at the thc component to see how I hijack the Z axis for torch height control. Also be aware of the tool change preposition options in the EMCIO ] section of the ini file that allow you to position the axes before the tool change.

John
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 19:38 by BigJohnT.

More
01 Jan 2013 21:35 #28255 by machete
I almost implement automatic tool changing cycle, except this question:
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/forum/10-adva...6&lang=english#28220

And I'll try to post "HOWTO" here or in wiki.
And of course with small video.

More
03 Jan 2013 21:40 #28346 by andypugh

No, you can actually program all the moves for the toolchanger as a G-code subroutine, as long as all motions of the toolchanger can be programmed to look like machine axes. (ie, you would set up the toolchanger motors to be be some of the ABCUVW axes).

It is, however, possible to move a motor without it being an axis. For example you can connect the stepgen or PID to a G-code analogue output pin, or an output from Classic Ladder.
for example instead of
net V-pos axis.7.motor-pos-cmd => stepgen.7.position-cmd
you could use
net V-pos motion.analog-out-00 => stepgen.7.position-cmd
(pin names are illustrative and are not necessarily correct)

What is not so easy if you do this is homing the joint. You would need a homing routine written in G-code or inside Classic ladder.
(I imagine that G-code homing would have to use a conditional loop and a sequence of short moves, so might be a bit inelegant)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacGalempsy

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds