ClassicLadder Modbus Communications Setup

More
20 Feb 2015 01:55 #56125 by hurco
On the CL modbus communication setup tab I don't have a space for setting slave address. My setup screen stops at "Write registers may from:"
How do I access the slave settings show in the CL documentation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2015 11:43 #56136 by Todd Zuercher
Could you post a screen shot of what it looks like?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hurco

More
20 Feb 2015 16:20 #56142 by cmorley
What is the command you used to load classicladder 's user program?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hurco

More
21 Feb 2015 08:52 #56174 by hurco
Think I figured out where I went wrong. You enter the Modbus slave address for each command on the Modbus I/O Setup tab and it must be entered for each command for each slave. Reading the text gave me the impression that I would enter the slave address on the Modbus Communication Tab. But after reflection, the way it is makes since.

Each slave can have a different set of command to accomplish the same function, so each command must be customized for each device. Stop dosent mean stop for Seimens as it does for ABF

Everyone correct me if I have this wrong. Modbus is a lot to wrap ones head around.

More
21 Feb 2015 09:00 #56175 by hurco
Been a few days, form memory. Ran step config, enabled Modbus, saved everything. Started Linuxcnc. opened classic ladder and chose config I think. See my reply to Todd's question for more information.

Does look like I have a RS422/485 connection or VFD config mis match to solve first. I'll try to haul the vfd out and work through the Yaskawa troubleshooting section in the next few days.

The support I get on Linuxcnc is tops!

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds