Not seeing s32in value in classicladder

More
22 Feb 2016 17:54 - 22 Feb 2016 17:55 #70488 by djs14
Hey all,

I'm fooling around with classicladder trying to get a tool changer system working.

Right now I have created a pyvcp scale box to simulate tool number selection.

I have mapped the halpin with the -i designation to halpin tool-request, and then in my main hal file I map the tool-request halpin to s32in-05 of classicladder, but when viewing variables in classicladder I'm not seeing this variable change.

Thoughts?

Thank you

File Attachment:

File Name: MiyanoLath...-2-3.hal
File Size:11 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: spindle_to...cp-2.hal
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: MiyanoLath...-2-3.ini
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: custom.clp
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Feb 2016 17:55 by djs14.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2016 19:26 #70490 by djs14
I've got my value printing back to a S32 number box with a pyvcp, but I can't get the value into classicladder.

Easy one for you guys :) ... come on.

cheers

More
22 Feb 2016 20:13 #70491 by Todd Zuercher
Lets start with the basics are you sure that your pyvcp.my-hvalue-i is an S32 output? Since you didn't include your pyvcp files we can only guess.

Where are you looking for your value in Classicladder? The Classicladder S32 input you have connected to the HAL signal "tool-request" will show up as variable %IW5 in CL. I don't see that variable mentioned in the custom.clp you attached.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djs14

More
22 Feb 2016 20:40 - 22 Feb 2016 20:45 #70493 by djs14

File Attachment:

File Name: panel-2-3.xml
File Size:1 KB

Lets start with the basics are you sure that your pyvcp.my-hvalue-i is an S32 output? Since you didn't include your pyvcp files we can only guess.

Where are you looking for your value in Classicladder? The Classicladder S32 input you have connected to the HAL signal "tool-request" will show up as variable %IW5 in CL. I don't see that variable mentioned in the custom.clp you attached.

Thank you brother!

I did not realize the variables would be %IW5 vs just %W5. Changed that in my variable monitoring and I got it for now. I've added my xml file that has the pyvcp declarations. I think that is legit for now. Sorry for my messy programming. I'm just getting my head around all the very powerful features of this system. I think with this info I can get my tool changer working.

Thanks again.

cheers!
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Feb 2016 20:45 by djs14.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds